Chapter 38

-Adeena's POV-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I heard a bunch of voices yell out as soon as I walked out of my room.

I grinned as I saw Dianna, Dallas, Maddie and Eddie.

"Surprise Addy" Maddie said, tackling me in a warm hug.

I smiled at her and hugged her back tightly.

"Thank you" I said, my voice timid.

Demi chuckled, "Happy Birthday baby girl" she said, and kissed my forhead.

"Happy birthday Addy" Elle said, as she hugged me.

"Awh, thanks sweetheart" I said, and hugged her back. We pulled away and all walked downstairs.

The living room was decorated with beautiful white and pink balloons with glitter in them. A banner that read 'Happy 14th Birthday!' was put up on the wall, and  the table in front of the couch was filled with gifts.

"Oh my God, this is all so amazing!" I said, in complete awe.

They all chuckled and stood behind me.

"Go on, open your gifts" Dianna said.

I nodded excitedly and sat down on the couch. There were 5 gifts on the table, all wrapped beautifully. I picked up the first gift I could lay my hands on.

"Hey, that's from Dallas and me!" Maddie said adorably.

"Can you guess what it is?" Demi said.

"Hmm...well the box is pretty big. It could be a dress" I said.

"And you might as well become a detective" Dallas joked.

I laughed, and ripped off the wrapping paper. I removed the lid of the box and there it was-a lovely maroon lace dress.

"We don't know if the size is right but we hope you like it" Maddie said, grinning.

"I love it Mads! Thank you both so much" I said.

I picked up another gift, this one was again a box, but a more rectangular one.

"That's from Eddie and I" Dianna said.

I had never met Eddie, but I smiled at him and tore open the wrapper.

I opened the lid of the box, and found a stylish phone cover. It was marble case with a geode crystal pattern on it. But the only problem was, I didn't own a phone.

"Thanks, you guys! But, I don't own a phone" I said

"You do now" Demi said.

I looked at her, and she handed me a box of a brand new iPhone 6. Happiness filled me up, and I jumped off the couch excitedly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I beamed, hugging her tightly.

She laughed out loud, her laugh unique as always. "You don't have to thank me baby girl" she said, as we pulled away.

I blushed slightly, and took out the phone, holding it in my hand. I slipped on the new case for it, and it fit perfectly.

"It's perfect" I said, looking at Eddie and Dianna.

"Where's Wilmer?" I asked. He was going to fly in for my birthday, at least that's what he had told me.

"He couldn't be here Addy. He says he's sorry" Demi said.

"Oh" I frowned.

"That's fine" I said, though it didn't feel like it.

I missed him. I hadn't met him in two weeks. In the beginning, when Demi took us in, I would have never thought that Wilmer's absence would actually affect me. Things do change, I guess.

"Who couldn't be here?" I heard a voice say. I looked towards the stairs, outside the living room.

"Wilmer" I said, under my breath.

A wide smile broke out on my face and I ran towards him, and into his open arms.

"I would never miss your 14th birthday Adeena" he whispered.

"Happy birthday, sweet child" he said.

My cheeks turned a slight red, and I pulled away.

"Thanks Will" I said.

"You opened my gifts yet?" he asked, as we walked back into the living room.

"Not yet" I said. "You got me two gifts?" I asked, pointing to the only two gifts left on the table.

"Couldn't pick one, so I bought both" he said, grinning.

I shook my head in disbelief and with a smile on face, picked up a gift.

This one was a long box, almost like a necklace. I opened it, and just as I had thought, it was a beautiful necklace with two rings attached to it. One ring had a D engraved on it and the other had W. Around the initials was written We'll always love you, on both the rings.

I set it on the table, and opened the note that was kept along with it.

Adeena, I know we got off to a rough start. In the starting, I never spoke to you because I didn't want you to be uncomfortable. You never have to be afraid of me, and I hope you know that. You're like a daughter to me, and I would never harm you. These rings represent our love for you. Demi and I, will always love you, no matter what.
Happy 14th birthday, beautiful girl!

~Love, Wilmer.

I set the note down, and looked at Wilmer with teary eyes.

"This gift means so much to me Wilmer. Thank you" I said.

He gave me a warm smile, and I returned it with one of my own.

"Last gift" Maddie said, as I picked it up.

"This one's definitely a book" I said and ripped off the paper.

There were two books-Endless Night and The A.B.C. Murders, both by Agatha Christie. I smiled as I saw them. Wilmer knows I love mystery.

"Thank you Wilmer. You know me well" I grinned.

Everyone chuckled and I blushed.

I couldn't belive I was 14 already. This was definitely the best birthday I had had in a very long time. And the day was far from over.
_______________________________________

Would you guys want me to make the next chapter an extension of this one? Please let me know in the comments!

*

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤