Chapter 61

-Adeena's POV-

Once we were safely back home, my paranoia and anxiety had somewhat simmered down. Though, my hands were still shaking and my wounds were still bleeding, I felt so much safer than I did just an hour back.

Wilmer had carried me from the car to the house since both my knees were in horrible pain. Jolts of pain were shooting through my entire body, and my head was pounding from the lack of food.

"Baby girl...stay still okay? This might burn" Demi said, holding some type of antiseptic close to my knee.

I nodded slowly, and winced in pain as the liquid came in contact with my bleeding knees. "Almost done sweetie" she said, before cleaning up the wound and bandaging it up.

"Can you stand?" she asked.

Holding on to the sides of the couch, I stood up but immediately fell back down, onto the couch, screaming in pain.

"I-it h-hurts, Demi. It hurts" I cried.

"Oh honey..." she said sadly. "It's okay. You'll be fine baby girl" she consoled, giving me a small kiss on my forehead.

I sighed as the pain soon softened. Wilmer who had gone upstairs came back down, his hands full of something.

"What's that?" I asked curiously.

"Your novels, your headphones and your laptop. You won't be able to go upstairs for a while, I thought this would keep you occupied" he explained, keeping everything down on the table beside the couch.

I smiled wide, my heart warming up. "Thanks Will" I said, flashing him a smile.

He smiled back, and sat down next to me. "How do you feel, sweet girl?" he asked.

Mentally, I'm so messed up.

"I'm...okay" I hesitated.

He nodded giving me a small smile, but his eyes showed me that he knew I was lying but I was grateful that he didn't push the conversation. I was not ready to talk about any of it.

"Okay, I'm gonna head up and finish some of my work. Watch a good movie alright? I'll watch it too if it's nice" he said, kissing my forehead.

I chuckled, and nodded in agreement as I watched him walk away. I sighed tiredly, my smile fading instantly. I dropped my facade of being okay, when I realized I was alone. My father's screams were still ringing in my ears, and I did my best to not let fear overcome me. I was home now. I was safe.

My demons were starting to wake up again, their voices slowly but surely consuming my thoughts. They urged me to cut, but I could hardly move.

Pathetic shit.

Your father was right- you always were weak, and still are.

My eyes teared up, but I fought them back and bottled up all my emotions, like always. My stomach growled loudly, and I ignored it, switching on my laptop.

After a good 15 minutes search, I finally found a movie to watch-10 things I hate about you.

I scooted into the couch, covering myself up with my blanket, and plugged in the headphones as the movie started.
-

-Demi's POV-

A soft knock on the door interrupted my call, but as soon as I heard Elle's voice, I hung up.

"Mommy?" she called out. "Can I come in?" she asked, her head slightly peeking into the room, from the doorway.

"Of course" I said, sitting on the bed.

She walked in, sitting on the bed opposite to me, her eyes sad and confused at the same time.

"What's wrong baby girl?" I asked softly, my heart breaking as I saw her this sad.

Her eyes stared to tear up, and she looked down to hide her tears, averting my gaze.

I slowly lifted her head up with my finger under her chin, and looked at her beautiful eyes. "Talk to me sweetie. What's bothering you?" I asked.

"D-do you think daddy's going to come back?" she asked, fear lacing her timid voice.

"No honey, I don't think so" I replied quickly.

"But that's what we all thought months ago" she said.

I sighed, she was right after all. But, I knew this time the measures they were taking to keep him in jail, where he truly belonged, were more harsh.

"I know we did and I guess we were wrong back then. But honey, this time, he's going to be in there for good" I said, hoping she knew not to worry.

She hesitated, her brown eyes still holding onto that fear, but she nodded slightly.

"W-will Addy be okay?" she asked.

I was amazed at how strong Addy and Elle's bond was. Not all siblings were like these two. I knew for a fact that they would always have each other's back, no matter what.

"Your sister is strong Elle. She's gonna be alright. You have nothing to worry about okay?" I said.

She flashed me a small smile, along with a nod and I smiled back, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She quickly left, off to play.
-

-Adeena's POV-

"Baby girl. Dinner" Demi said, placing a plate of rice and curry in front of me.

I looked up at her, and shook my head vigorously. "N-no. I can't" I said.

"Addy...you need to eat honey" Demi explained.

"I-I don't. I'm not hungry" I argued.

She sighed, and moving the plate aside sat down next to me.

"You know when I was your age I always told myself that too. No matter how loud my stomach was growling, I told myself I wasn't hungry, that I didn't need food" she started, stopping to see if it was okay for her to continue.

I nodded, allowing her to, though nothing she said would change my mind-I wasn't going to eat.

"I starved myself to have the perfect body, to gain some control over everything that was going on in my life. I have had an eating disorder since I was 11. Now I'm 25, and there are times when I still struggle. This is not the type of relationship that I ever wanted with food. It's a battle, a long and horrible battle. Baby girl, I don't want you to live a life where you don't think you are enough, where you think you need to starve yourself to be beautiful. You are already so beautiful. What you're doing to yourself, it's not healthy and I don't want to lose you sweetie. I don't ever want to lose you" she explained, her voice breaking at the end.

Hearing her story made my heart break. The tears that I was holding back flowed down effortlessly and I held onto Demi as she comforted me. Not one bit did I believe that I was beautiful because when I looked in the mirror, I didn't see what Demi claimed to see.

"I hope that one day I won't have to beg you to eat baby girl. I hope that one day you'll see how amazing you are" she whispered.

I sniffled, and hugged her tightly. "I don't think that day will come, Demi. I'm too messed up" I said, my heart heavy.

She pulled away, and wiped away my tears. "Do you think I'm messed up because I have an eating disorder?" she asked.

I shook my head in response, and she smiled. "Then you're not messed up either. That day will come; where you love yourself for who are. Have faith, my baby girl" she said.

My eyes searched for the lies but her eyes were honest and genuine, and I finally said the word I never thought I'd be able to say again-

"I love you, mom"
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤