Chapter 58

-Adeena's POV-

I was sitting in the living room,  watching TV with Elle when I heard Demi's footsteps down the stairs.

"Good morning, my beautiful girls" she greeted, kissing me and Elle on the forehead.

I smiled slightly, while Elle giggled adorably. "I thought we could have a girls day today! Wilmer is at work, but I'm free. I have no interviews, and no meetings today. We could go to the mall, do some shopping, how does that sound?" Demi asked.

I nodded my head, while Elle jumped up excitedly. "Yay! I wanna buy new clothes!" she beamed. I chuckled at her childish behavior, and Demi laughed.

"Alright, go get ready. We'll leave in 30 mins" she said. I nodded, switched off the TV, and both Elle and I walked to our own rooms.

I stood in front of my closet, having no idea of what outfit to wear. In my hoodie, I was burning up but I couldn't bear to not cover up my scarred arms. I sighed, and grabbed my plain grey top, a flannel and ripped jeans. I slipped them on quickly and applied a bit of eyeliner. I tied my wavy hair up into a high pony, and wore a simple necklace.

My stomach growled, and as always, I ignored it. Despite my protests, Demi made me eat an apple in the morning, which I ate, knowing it was only healthy.

I walked down the stairs and found Elle dressed in her favorite flower-patterned maroon dress, her short hair left open, and a golden necklace hanging around her neck.

"You look beautiful baby girl" I said, my heart warming up as I looked at my baby sister. She blushed, gave me a shy smile as I kissed her cheek.

"Awh, you two are just such good sisters" Demi gushed as she walked down. I chuckled and we followed her out to the driveway, and sat in car.
-

We had just finished shopping and our hands were full with two huge bags. "I think we might have gone a bit overboard" I said, looking at the bags in Demi's hands.

"Oh hush. I'm your mother, and I like to buy my two daughters new and pretty clothes" she said. I shook my head as I laughed, but nodded eventually.

"Let's go buy shoes!" Demi suggested, and walked towards the shoe store. "Mommy's going crazy" Elle whispered to me.

I laughed out loud, and nodded. "She definitely is" I agreed.

I walked around the store while Elle and Demi picked out shoes for themselves. I went near Demi, and as I did, I saw Aurora and Megan outside the store. My breath constricted and my hands got clammy almost instantly.

"How about these? You think these look good on me?" I heard Demi ask as she turned towards me.

"Addy? Addy, what's wrong?" she asked, her tone immediately changing. I didn't answer her, my eyes were glued on to Aurora. If she saw me, she would say something.

"Baby girl, what's happening? Who are they?" Demi asked, looking at them.

I gasped for air, but tried to get out the words as best I could. "They-they don't like me. They hate me. They bu-bully me. I can't stay here, I need to leave. Please, can we leave?" I begged, my lips trembling.

"Oh my God! Okay baby girl, just calm down okay? We're leaving right now. Just take deep breaths" she instructed.

I did as she said, while I closed my eyes. "Addy! Addy are you okay?" Elle asked, tugging on my shirt.

I nodded my head at Elle, not wanting her to worry. Demi grabbed our bags, and held Elle's hand as we slipped out of the store, successfully dodging Aurora and Megan.

When we got into the car, my tears spilled out and I sobbed into Demi's shoulder. "Oh honey..." she said, her voice evidently sad.

"I don't want to talk about it" I said, pulling away.

Demi looked at me with sympathy, and nodded understandingly. "We'll talk later" she said.

"I'm sorry Elle" I said, feeling guilty that my sister had to see me like that.

"No, it's okay. We all need to cry sometimes" she stated.

That made me smile slightly, and Demi let out a soft chuckle. "That's right baby" Demi said, agreeing with Elle.

"I love you Elle" I said, after a few seconds.

"I love you too Addy" she said.
-

After my embarrassing anxiety attack in the middle of a shoe store, I had conveniently not gotten out of bed. Demi was concerned, and I had completely regretted what I had said in my anxiety. Now, she knew I was being bullied. She didn't need to know that, no one did. It would only make her worry more and make me a burden.

My phone pinged beside me as I finished another episode of Stranger Things, a show I had gotten obsessed with. I unlocked my phone, and my face lit up as I read what it said.

Ash-Caelum is up! You can come visit if you want to.

Yeah, I wanted to!

I threw the unwanted thoughts in the back of my mind, and jumped out of the cozy sheets. I slipped on my denim jacket to go with my plain black top. I combed my hair just a bit, before grabbing my earplugs and phone.

"Demi?" I called out as I walked downstairs and reached the front door.

"She's out Addy. What happened?" Wilmer asked, walking out from the living room.

"Oh, okay. Well, Ashleigh's brother is up. I thought I'd go visit him" I said, my cheeks holding a soft blush.

Wilmer smirked as he noticed and I held back my cheeky grin. "You like him" he stated.

"N-no! I-I do not!" I argued, stammering, while my cheeks heated up.

"That blush never lies baby girl" he sang, and winked as he walked away.

I groaned internally, and opened the lock to the front door.

"I don't like him!" I shouted.

"Be back home safe!" Wilmer said, ignoring my protests.

"I will" I replied, and walked out on to the porch.

Dammit, I liked my best friend's brother.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤