Chapter 56

-Adeena's POV-

I shifted in my sleep, only to find someone's arm wrapped around me. I struggled to open my eyes as the sunlight peered in, but when I did, I saw Elle. I smiled at her peaceful state, and kissed her forehead lightly.

Today was a Saturday, which of course meant no school. Relieved at that fact, I tossed and turned trying to go back to sleep but my thoughts wouldn't let me.

The fact that I knew Marissa was going to tell Demi about my self-harm, terrified me. Demi already knew I was anorexic, she didn't need to know I cut too. I grazed my hand over my cuts and scars, as my eyes watered.

I started to get tired, sleepy even. I forced myself to shut my eyes and fell back asleep.
-

11:00 A.M.

I was in my room, finishing a chapter in Biology, when I heard my phone ring. I set down my blue gel pen, and picked it up as soon as I saw it was Ashleigh.

"Hey!" I beamed.

She was quiet. I could hear soft sniffles come out from the other end, and I instantly grew worried.

"Ash...hey, What's wrong?" I asked.

"Addy...Caelum's in the hospital. H-he got into an accident this morning, and I-I didn't know who else to call. My parents are in New York for a work thing. I-I don't know what to do!" she croacked.

"Shit! Um...okay. I-I'll come. Just stay there. Text me the address of the hospital" I said, and cut the call.

I slipped into my hoodie, and ran down the stairs. "Demi!" I yelled, my voice shaking.

"What's wrong baby girl?" she asked worriedly, as she walked out of the living room.

"I need to go to the hospital! Ashleigh's brother got into an accident, and her parents aren't in town" I said.

"I'll come with you" Demi stated, and we soon got into her car and drove to the hospital.

After 15 long minutes, we reached the hospital, and I hurried out the car. I stopped at the reception, quickly telling her my name and who I wanted to meet.

"Are you Caelum's family?" the receptionist asked.

"Um...no." I answered.

"I'm sorry honey, but we can't let you go. Only family is allowed for now" she explained.

I looked up at Demi, begging her to do something.

"Please? We really need to be there. The only one with Caelum is his 14 year old sister. She needs us" Demi said.

I nodded in agreement, and looked at the nurse.

"Please" I begged, my concern evident.

She sighed, giving in eventually and telling us how to get to Caelum's room. I thanked her, and sprinted up the stairs. I took a right and then a quick left, and immediately saw Ashleigh, sitting outside his room.

"Ash" I breathed.

She looked up, and relief spread across her face. I hugged her tightly, and she sobbed quietly on my shoulder. My eyes teared up too, and I consoled her ad best as I could.

She pulled away and wiped off her tears. She looked behind me, and saw Demi silently standing, watching us.

"Ash, meet Demi" I introduced.

Her cheeks went red as a smile broke out on her face, and I chuckled. "She's a fan" I explained to Demi.

Demi let out a soft chuckle, and embraced her. She said something in her ear, and Ashleigh smiled. They pulled away, and we sat down on the seats. Through the small window of his room, I could see Caelum. Something in me stirred as I saw him so wounded.

"I'm gonna head down and give you two some time alone" Demi said to me.

I smiled at her, and she kissed my forehead before she left. I looked at Ash, her tears would ever so often drop down, and she would quickly wipe them away.

"Ash.." I said to her her attention.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"He's gonna be fine. Don't worry, it's all gonna be alright" I said softly.

Her lips trembled, and she looked at me, her eyes holding pure sadness.

"I can't lose him" she quacked.

"I know, I know. And you won't. Trust me, he's gonna be okay" I repeated.

She nodded hesitantly, and I gave her a sympathetic smile. We sat quietly, watching doctors sprint past us, and families walk in and out of the white hospital rooms.

"Do your parents know about the accident?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I told them. They got a flight, and boarded it about an hour ago. But, it's gonna take them a long time to get here" she said, sadly.

"I'll be here until they come, Ash. You don't have to be alone" I said.

She gave me a small smile, and uttered a 'thank you', before focusing her attention back on Caelum's room. I wanted to know about the accident, but I knew it wasn't the right time. All that mattered at the moment was that he would be okay.

A doctor walked over to us. With a pleasant smile, and a name tag that read, 'Ms.Debres', she tapped Ashleigh on her shoulder to grab her attention, and Ashleigh immediately sprung up.

"Hi, Ms.Debres...what's happening? Is-is he okay? How is he?" Asheleigh asked, her nervousness and concern seeping through her shaky voice.

"Calm down Ashleigh. I've been monitoring him since morning and he's doing much better now. He's gonna be just fine" Ms.Debres stated.

A big smile broke out on my face, and Ash sighed with relief, her face instantly draining off of all the worry and sadness.

"Oh my God, that's great news! Thank you, thank you so much!" Ashleigh beamed.

The doctor smiled wide, "No problem honey" she said.

"When will he wake up?" Ashleigh asked.

"Soon enough. He's going to be weak for the next few days. He has a fracture, which will take about a month to heal and minor cuts on his arms which should heal in no time" she explained.

Ashleigh nodded understandingly, and once again thanked the doctor before she walked away. Demi came right then, asking us if there were any updates. Ashleigh told her, and Demi's face lit up with a smile.

"That's wonderful honey!" Demi gushed, giving Ashleigh a loving hug.
I smiled at Ash and she hugged me too. We pulled away, and she looked at Demi and I with a grateful look.

"I-I can't thank you both enough for staying here with me for so long. Demi, honestly you're just so nice" she said.

"Come on, Ash. You don't have to thank us. Especially, not me. I'm your best friend, I'm always gonna be there for you" I stated.

Ashleigh flashed me a smile, and I hugged her. "God, you're so cheesy. I don't know anyone else who is as cheesy as you" she joked.

I hit her arm playfully, "Shut up. You love cheesy shit, stop complaining" I laughed.

She laughed, and nodded in agreement. "I do like cheesy shit"
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤