Chapter 14

-Adeena's POV-

2 days later.

I hadn't gone to school in a week, which in a way was good since I wouldn't have to listen to Mila's hurtful comments on my visible fat  and the ugly features of my face.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt my cheeks get wet. Soon, I was sobbing on the washroom floor, my body physically aching from the bruises it hadn't yet recovered from.

I didn't want to live like this. I wanted a happy life just like the other kids in school, who had parents to take care of them and love them.

I wanted to find solace but I couldn't comprehend why horrible things were happening to Elle and me, and I couldn't understand why my father turned into a monster when all I did was love him like a daughter would.

My arms were being covered with cuts everyday. The cuts becoming deeper as my emotional pain became worse.

My life had become a mess and now, my mind too.

-Demi's POV-

"Néna! Dave's gonna be coming over. I think it has something to do with the living situation of Adeena and Eliena" Wilmer said, as I was getting dressed.

I smiled but couldn't help but feel my heart ache as I remembered I'd have to say goodbye to them.

"What's wrong Demi?" Wilmer asked worriedly.

I sighed and as I set the brush down, looked at him.

"I don't want to say goodbye to them Will" I revealed, my voice sad.

"Oh baby..." Wilmer said softly, pulling me close.

"I know you don't Demi, I know you don't" he said understandingly, still wrapping his strong arms around me.

I kissed his lips as he held me close and felt the heat rise to my cheeks as he kissed me back passionately.

"I love you, hermosa" he said.

"I love you, Will" I whispered, not wanting to pull away from his warm embrace.
-

"It's good to see you Dave!" my mom beamed as she shook hands with Dave.

"Good to see you to Mrs.De la Garza" he said.

"Call me Dianna, please." my mom smiled. "I'll let you all get on with your work" she said and walked away.

Dave asked Adeena and Eliena to sit with us while he told us their housing situation.

I smiled at Eliena as she sat next to me, and Adeena who sat next to her.

Dave smiled sympathetically and finally spoke up.

"Well, we checked for any relatives that could take in these young girls, but unfortunately...they really don't have a family. Their grandparents are long gone and neither their mother nor father had any siblings." Dave said, his eyes sad as he said so.

What was going to happen now?

I looked at Adeena, as she looked at me with pain and fear in her eyes. I smiled as a way to comfort her, but this time it didn't seem to work.

Dave inhaled and I knew what was coming next was not going to be good.

"We will have to place them in an orphanage or perhaps a foster care. There's no other choice, I'm sorry" Dave explained.

Adeena gasped softly and I could see the tears she was holding back.

"Oh honey..." I cried out and went on her side.

She let me hold her as she silently cried. Even Eliena knew what was happening and she too was in tears. My heart ached to watch them like this. I held them and comforted them, but I guess no amount of consolation could help them in a time like this.

I didn't feel right sending them into an orphanage after what they had been through. Yes, there was a possibility that they would get taken in by a wonderful family but again, that was not for certain.

"I'll start with the legal process and ask one of my old friends to help you out. She's working her own foster care system for a few years now and I'm sure she'd be glad to help you out" Dave said after a few minutes.

"N-no. P-please, n-no" Adeena begged, the pain and desperation evident in her voice.

Dave looked at me, hurt. I looked at Wilmer, but unlike other times, even he didn't know a better way.

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry." Dave said.

My gut feeling told me that this wasn't a good option; that I could not send them away, and call me selfish, but I was not ready to say goodbye to them.
They had been hurt way too much.

I needed to help them, but how?

"No, no, no! Demi, please-please do something! Please" Adeena begged.

Eliena watched her sister's cries of desperation and looked at me with the exact same longing and yearn for love.

My heart was breaking.

I wanted to help them.

"There's no other option Adeena", Dave said calmly.

I signed in frustration, my thoughts building up.

Unless there is.

My eyes grew wide as I thought of something else; something better.

"What are you thinking Demi?" Wilmer asked, as Dave waited for a suggestion.

"I'll adopt them" I announced.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong always❤