Chapter 34

-Adeena's POV-

I was cornered.

My dad's friend had his filthy hands on my legs.

"Please...let me go" I begged, helplessly.

"I'll do what I want with you, isn't that what I had said the other night?" he asked, an evil smile creeping onto his face.

I fought him, my tired hands trying to punch him, but I was weak.

He laughed loudly. "You know if you don't fight me, this could be fun" he smirked.

Disgust filled me, and I pushed him away. "Leave me alone!" I yelled.

He grabbed my hand, his nails digging into mine.

"No one can save you now Adeena" he uttered.

Slowly, he put his hands on my face and brought his hands from my thigh to my---

My eyes shot open, and I sat up abruptly. I was sweating profusely, and was engulfed with fear.

I gasped for air, trying to tell myself that it was only a nightmare. I struggled to breathe, but forced myself to take long deep breaths.

My breathing soon came back to normal. There was no way I would fall asleep now, so instead I woke up and brushed my teeth.

The house was quiet.

Although Marissa was looking after us, I still missed Demi and Wilmer. I didn't know when either of them were coming back but I hoped it was sometime soon.

I didn't have school today since it was a Saturday. Just the thought of going to school stressed me out, and made me extremely nervous.

I had eventually caught up with the class, taking help from the teachers themself. Exams weren't far off, but the fact that I hadn't studied at all, scared me.

I decided to start studying now and so I took out my Mathematics text book, and got to work. The entire time, all I could think about was my nightmare. Whenever I thought about it, I could still feel his hands on me and his stink of alcohol.

Grossed out, I eventually took a warm shower to ease my thoughts. I grazed my hands on my cuts, slightly wincing when the recent ones stung. The tears that had been trapped inside soon flowed down, and I sat on the wet floor, crying my eyes out.

I couldn't deal with so much pain and hurt. I was far too broken, to be healed.

My stomach growled loudly, and I ignored it as always. I hadn't eaten a meal in four days, but somehow that didn't worry me.

After taking a shower, I once again tried to study and this time, I forced myself to concentrate until I was done with half the chapter.

"Addy, wake up hon-" Marissa said, opening my room door but stopping as soon as she saw me.

"Oh, hey you're up" she stated.

I smiled at her and nodded.

"Need any help?" she asked, pointing to my math book.

I shook my head, "I'm almost done" I said and soon finished the question I had been solving.

"Claire made us a real nice breakfast today. Let's go" Marissa said.

Don't eat.

You'll grow fatter.

I grit my teeth, but faked a smile. "I'll be right down" I said.

She nodded and left me as she went downstairs.

I hated this completely but I knew I had to eat something or else I would end up in the hospital. I sighed, and stared at myself in the long glass mirror. I shut my room door and lifted up my sweatshirt, standing in different angles to see if I had grown any thinner.

You're still fat.

Starve yourself more and soon, you'll be gorgeous.

You want to be pretty, don't you?

Yes.

I put my sweatshirt down and made my way downstairs. I could smell the pancakes being cooked in the kitchen, and I almost gagged.

Pretending I was fine, I walked into the kitchen and sat down next to Elle. "Morning Elle", I said.

"Morning Addy" she said, with a mouthful of pancakes.

I chuckled, and smiled at Claire but as soon as Marissa kept a plate of pancakes in front of me, the smile faded.

I looked at it, and slowly lifted up the fork. I stared at the stack of pancakes sitting in front of me, and then at Elle who was eating, without a care.

I gulped nervously, and cut a small piece from one of the pancakes, gazing at it for far too long before putting it in my mouth. I had to hold in my gags as it made it's way down my throat.

"Like it?" Marissa beamed.

I faked a smile, and nodded. "It's great Mar" I said.

She smiled happily and I hated myself even more for lying to her. To me, it tasted like nothing because as I was eating it, my mind was thinking of the amount of calories I was consuming.

I struggled for an hour, forcing myself to finish atleast half of the pancake. When I did, I felt sick. I had to purge, I needed to.

"I'm done" I said to Claire, and walked out of the kitchen before she could say anything.

I sprinted up the stairs and to my washroom. I locked the door, and crouched on the floor, in front of the toilet.

Putting two fingers down my throat, I gagged as the food made it's way up and out of my body. I repeated this until nothing but water came out.

I felt better after purging and washed my face, getting rid of the tears.

When I got out, I popped a mint into my mouth and sat at my desk to study.

My demons were satisfied, and so was I.
_______________________________________

You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. Even if you aren't thin, you are still gorgeous💗

*

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little stat 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤