Chapter 21

-Demi's POV-

"Babe, you okay?" I asked worriedly, as I followed Wilmer into our room.

He sat on the bed, his eyes sad.

He sighed, and looked at me.

"Did I do something wrong? W-why doesn't she talk to me?" he asked.

My heart hurt seeing him like this.

"Will..." I started.

"You didn't do anything baby. She has been through a lot. She has been abused by her own father and harassed by a stranger. You can't expect her to open up to someone so easily" I explained.

"She opened up to you, didn't she?" he said.

"Yeah, she did but I'm the only one she has opened up to until now. She needed someone to be there for her, and I'm glad I was." I said, sitting down next to him.

"I want to help her too D" he said sadly.

"I know Will, I know you do. Just-just give her some more time baby. She'll warm up to you, I'm sure of it" I said, looking at him.

He sighed eventually, and nodded understandingly.

"I know I'm being unreasonable. I know she has been through a lot. I just wish she would be comfortable around me." he said.

"She will. It might take some time, but she definitely will" I said.

"Don't think too much about it Will. It'll all be alright, okay?" I said, leaning in.

He nodded and I kissed him softly. I felt him smile against my lips and kiss me back gently.

"Let's go show them the house" I said.
-

-Adeena's POV-

"Addy. Addy!" I heard Elle call for me, her small feet running around the house.

I sniffled, and got up. I had been in here for so long, that I had lost track.

I stared at myself in the mirror, my eyes puffy and red and the tear tracks so clearly evident. I sighed and washed my face, then put on a smile and opened the door.

"Addy!" Elle said happily.

"What's up Elle?" I asked.

"Demi's showing us the house. Come, come" she said tugging on my sleeve.

I chuckled, "Alright, I'm coming" I said and walked downstairs.

"Where were you all this while?" Demi asked.

"I went looking for the washroom and I got kinda lost" I lied.

She chuckled and nodded, "Come on. I'll show you the house so you don't get lost again" she joked.

I smiled and followed her, holding back the guilt I felt about lying to her.

Her house was like a mansion, spacious and beautiful. There were two floors, 5 bedrooms atleast, and mahogany staircases.

The floors were wooden, and the kitchen was beautiful with incredible marble counter tops.

The walls had framed photos of Demi with her family, and some with her friends.

A gorgeous piano sat in the hall, near the glass doors of a balcony that opened into the backyard. Her backyard had a pool, and a white swing along with benches.

She showed us the entire house, even the rooms on the ground floor.

"And that's basically it!" Demi said when we arrived back in the living room, where we had started.