Chapter 82

-Addy's POV-

I eyed myself in the mirror, as I shut the closet door. I was wearing a mustard coloured hoodie with flower patterns running down both it's sleeves along with my black jeans and my black and white converse shoes. My hair was tied up into a high pony and I had applied a thin line of eyeliner.

I was going to my first ever therapy session. I chided myself for ever agreeing to this because I was so nervous. I continued to take deep breaths all the way to the house of my new therapist.

Opening up was never easy for me and if opening up to the people who I loved the most was so terrifying, I didn't want to imagine how nerve wracking it was going to be to open up to a complete stranger who was there just to analyse my brain.

"We're here" Wilmer announced. I was pulled back to reality, and my nervousness increased.

"Okay honey, it's time to go" Demi said, opening the car door. I sighed, and got down out of the car. We walked to the huge beige coloured house and I stood in awe of the beautiful infrastructure. I rang the doorbell, and held onto Demi's hand tightly.

The door opened and in front of us stood a stunning woman. She was almost 5'7 with short blonde hair and light blue eyes. Her skin was naturally tanned, and she was altogether beautiful. 

"Hi, you must be Adeena. I'm Amy. Come in" she greeted with a warm smile.

I nodded, smiling back and following her into her mansion. The walls were wooden, the floors too and family portraits were hung on the walls alongside the staircase.

"We'll be leaving now Addy" Wilmer said.

"O-okay" I muttered.

"Don't be afraid to open up. Say what comes to your mind okay? Amy's great at what she does, you just need to trust" Demi said. I nodded understandingly.

"We'll back in an hour sweetheart" Wilmer said.

I hugged Demi tightly, and she hugged me back before kissing my forehead softly. Wilmer hugged me as well, and they both soon left.

Amy guided me to a room which had broad windows, a big plant sitting at the corner of the room, a white couch and a plushy grey chair sat opposite it. She took her seat on the chair, and asked me to sit on the couch.

"Let's get started, shall we?" she asked.

I hesitantly nodded, and she gave me a smile. "Adeena it's normal to be nervous the first time you come for therapy but I assure you that it is helpful. Now, if you're not comfortable with me, you can tell me freely. Many patients don't stick with the first therapist they see. It's a process. Sometimes you find the best therapist on your first try and sometimes it takes more than just one try" she explained.

I nodded understandingly. She smiled back, holding a book in her hand and a pen in the other.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself" she asked.

"Umm..." I hesitated.

"Well, I-I was born in Texas. I grew up there..." I started and as the conversation proceeded, bit by bit, I told her about my past, starting with my father.

She kept jotting down stuff in her yellow book, patiently listening to me.
She nodded her head slightly to everything I said, her eyes were earnest and intent.

"Sometimes I get so mad at my father.  A part of me hates him and the other part loves him. It frustrates me" I ended. My voice shook and I could feel myself breaking and my defense walls crumbling ever so slowly.

"Adeena you needed your father the most during that time of your life when your mother passed away. You loved him, of course you did. He's your father after all. But, don't for a second think that you owe him anything. I think a part of you will always love him because that part of you wants to believe that there was goodness in him"

"There was goodness. He was good and kind. He would tuck me in at night, take me to the movies, pick me up from school and tell me that he loved me. In the past few years, he didn't show my sister and I that part of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's gone" I stated.

My tears started to spill, and I felt terrible for being so weak. "I'm sorry" I said, quickly wiping away my tears.

Amy she shook her head, as if to brush it off. "This right here is an open space. Never apologize for your emotions" she consoled.

I sniffled, giving her a small smile.

"I get what you're saying. Adeena, you need to accept the fact that you will always love your father. No one is forcing you to hate him. That is clearly your choice. But, loving him and hurting yourself at the same time is not healthy. You need closure honey, and I hope that in a few years you are able to attain that closure" she said.

I nodded, still not being able to be completely open with her.

"Tell me Adeena, what do you really want from life?" she asked.

I pondered. Only one thing came to my mind, and I said it as soon as it did.

"Happiness"

Amy smiled at that but it was a sad one, "I hope you get that Addy. I will do my best to guide you towards the light and find that joy"

I smiled back, and looked down at my feet. "I have a boyfriend, Caelum. He makes me happy" I said. "I'm terrified that he'll leave me eventually" I confided in her.

"It's important to find happiness within yourself. When you find that, that is true happiness. No one can steal that away from you. You should never depend on others for your happiness because people can act in uncertain ways"

I had never even thought of it that way. Depending on myself for my own happiness seemed freeing but I also knew that it was going to take a lot of hard work.

The conversation between us seemed to flow easily and I wasn't as nervous anymore.

"Well, our time's up for today Adeena. It was nice meeting you and I hope I get to see you again" she said.

I smiled at her, and we walked to the front door. Demi reached right then, and Amy opened the door for her.

Demi smiled at me, and I went and stood next to her while Amy stood at the door.

"I like you Amy. I think I'm one of the few people who have found their best therapist on the first try" I said.

Demi's eyes widened in surprise, and a wide smile had taken over her face.
Amy chuckled, a slight blush on her tanned cheeks. "Awhh, Adeena. That means a lot to me. Thank you" she said.

I smiled and thanked her as I left. Demi and I got into the car. "I take it, therapy wasn't so bad huh?" Demi said, strapping on her seatbelt.

"You were right mom. It isn't that bad. I think I wanna go for another session" I revealed.
_______________________________________

I've never been to a therapy session so I'm not sure if this is how it works. So sorry if I offended anyone, that was definitely not my intention.

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤