Chapter 51

-Demi's POV-

And just like that, all my suspicions were cleared and what stood in front of my eyes was the cold, menacing and frightening truth-my baby girl was anorexic.

I was shocked, and honestly confused. I couldn't sleep all night, tossing and turning in bed wondering how I didn't see the signs earlier. I felt horrible for not figuring it out sooner.

I should've listened to my gut, the same one that was roaring at me for weeks, telling me that Adeena was definitely not okay.

Tears encased my cheeks, as I lay in bed. My daughter was hurting, and I didn't even know it. Having an eating disorder myself, I knew exactly how hard it was. And I didn't want Adeena to struggle, all alone. I had promised to keep her safe, and if that meant keeping her safe from her own demons, then I would not hesitate.
-

The sunlight blinded me as I woke up after having had barely two hours of sleep. I yawned, as I sat up, rubbing the sleep off my very tired eyes.

I turned to my right side, and saw a very calm Adeena, her eyes closed as she slept peacefully.

I sighed, knowing that as soon as she would wake up, she would be struggling in silence all over again. I kissed her forehead lightly, before getting down the bed and shutting the door behind me.

I walked to my room and brushed my teeth. I watched Wilmer, as he slept. His chest rising up and down in a smooth pattern, and a smile broke out on my face.

God, I loved him so much.

I walked down to the kitchen, and made myself a cup of coffee to get me started for the day. I sat down on the dining table, and my mind filled up with thoughts of Adeena's eating disorder.

How would I tell her I knew?

I knew I had to sit down with her, and actually have a talk about this. It was crucial.

Was I gonna tell Wilmer?

I sighed tiredly, and buried my face in my hands in stress.

"You alright, néna?" Wilmer asked as he walked over to me.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come downstairs. I'm fine Will" I said, flashing him a smile.

"You sure?" he asked, as he sat down with his cup of coffee.

"Will...I-" I started to say, but saw Elle walk in.

"Morning angel" I chuckled, as she stumbled into the kitchen, still so clearly sleepy.

"Morning" she said adorably.

"Demi?" she called out, as she sat next to me.

"Yeah baby?" I asked.

"I-I don't wanna go to school" she said.

"Why honey? Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine...I just don't wanna go" she said.

She was being strange. Behind her eyes lurked sadness, and my heart ached. I didn't know what was going on with her, but if she needed a day off, I would let her.

"Of course. You don't have to go today" I said, embracing her petite body, and leaving a small kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks...mommy" she said, smiling shyly.

My heart warmed up, and I hugged her even more tightly. She called me 'mommy', for the first time ever. I pulled away, and she ran off into the living room.

"Wow...that was new" Wilmer stated.

With a wide smile on my face, I nodded. "It was" I said.

Wilmer knew how much this meant to me, and I could see how happy he was for me. I didn't want him to worry about Adeena. I couldn't tell him, not yet.

He kissed me, and I let out a soft moan. We pulled away, and I could still see concern lurking in his eyes. "I'm okay Will, don't worry baby" I said, as we pulled away.

He nodded, and kissed my forehead before washing his mug, and leaving to get dressed for work.
-

-Adeena's POV-

I spread my legs around my bed, stretching as I woke up. I switched on my phone to read the time, and almost fell off the bed when I did.

10:00 a.m.

SHIT! I didn't wake up for school. Crap, I'm so screwed.

I quickly washed up, and rushed downstairs. As I entered the living room I found Elle watching TV, and in the kitchen, on the dining table Demi sat, working on her laptop.

Is no one going to work or school today?

I entered the kitchen, and hearing  my footsteps, Demi looked up.

"You're up. Hey baby" she said, moving her laptop aside.

"Morning" I said, as I sat down.

"You feeling okay?" she asked.

The nightmare.

It made sense why I woke up so late, and why no one woke me up. I nodded slightly, though I felt nothing close to 'okay'. I didn't want her to worry.

She gave me a sympathetic smile, and I thought she would go back to working. But instead, she placed her warm hand on mine that was placed on the marble table, and looked right at me. Within her brown eyes, I saw despair, and guilt.

But, why?

She sighed, breathing deep once before she spoke. This was going to be serious, I knew it from Demi's strange behavior. I was getting anxious. My palms got clammy, my heart beats quickened and my stomach felt queasy.

She looked me right into my hazel eyes and said the most dreaded words, "Baby girl...we need to talk"
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star 🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤