Chapter 87

Prom Night

-Addy's POV-

"Can I see?" I asked excitedly, looking up at Ashleigh. She nodded, and spun my chair around, allowing me to look at my reflection in the mirror.

I gasped, "Holy shit Ash! This is great!" I exclaimed.

I liked myself better with the make-up hiding my flaws. Ashleigh had applied foundation and a bit of blush, her winged eyeliner was on fleek, and her choice of lipstick for my skin color was perfect.

"Thanks" she said, beaming.

I loved everything about my look today and that was something I had never said.

My prom dress was a two piece. It was black and full sleeved with the top fabricated with a beautiful white lace design, and the A-line skirt was plain with a soft texture.

I hadn't done much with my hair, but had pulled it back with a small clip at the back holding it together. The bottom strands were slightly curled and the single strands on both sides of my face were curled as well.

"Caelum is not going to be able to take his eyes off you" she winked.

I blushed, "You're one to talk, look at you! You look stunning babe" I said.

Ashleigh was wearing a spaghetti-strapped, champagne coloured gown that had intricate beaded designs all the way from top to down. She almost had the same makeup as I did, except for the lipstick and blush colour. Her naturally straight hair was wavy now, with a single braid running around the side of her head and clipped at the back.

Ashleigh was going to the prom with Lucas, a guy from her English class, on whom I think, she secretly had a crush.

I smirked, "Lucas is going to fall in love with you"

She gasped, "Shut up Addy! We're-we're just friends okay?" she said, defending herself.

I rolled my eyes, "Deny it all you want Ash but one day I'm sure you two will be a thing"

"You know you want it to be" I added, winking.

She blushed furiously, and playfully hit my shoulder. I laughed heartily, and we headed downstairs to Demi and Wilmer.

"Ohh, look at you two! You look so beautiful" Demi gushed.

Ashleigh and I looked at each other with a wide smile and thanked Demi with a shy voice. I was forcing my insecurities to take a back seat today. I wanted my first prom to be one that I'd always remember.

Demi engulfed me in her warm embrace and I hugged her back just as tightly.

"Addy, you look so pretty!" Elle complimented, her eyes twinkling.

"Awh! Thank you, baby girl. You'll get to go to the prom one day too and you'll look a million times prettier than I do right now"

She giggled, a slight blush arising on her cheeks. I kissed her forehead lightly, before turning to Ashleigh.

"Smile for the camera!" Wilmer said, waving his phone at us.

Ashleigh and I posed for the pictures and I forced Demi and Elle to be there in some of them as well.

The doorbell rang and my palms instantly got sweaty when I realized it was Caelum.

"I'll get it" Demi said, as she unlocked the door.

A huge grin came over my face as I looked at my boyfriend all dressed up. He looked so charming with his navy blue suit matched with a collared light blue shirt and navy blue tie. His hair was messy which only made him look hotter, and his eyes captivated me with just one look.