Chapter 77

Mid-January

-Addy's POV-

The morning heat was getting to me. In my fluffy hoodie, I was sweating and I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead.

Aurora was still her cruel self. I don't know why a part of me thought that the 'New Year, New Me' phrase would, in any way, apply to her.

I only had three classes left until the final bell would ring. But, even in that span of time, it was possible for Aurora to throw her mean comments at me, and physically abuse me. I was terrified to even get out of class when the sharp noise of the bell brought me back to reality.

I gathered my books and kept them in my bag as I walked out of class and towards my locker. When I fly closer to my locker, I could see a crowd around it. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and walked straight towards them.

"Excuse me" I said, moving past the 10-15 teenagers, making way for myself.

"Is this your locker?" a guy asked.

"Yeah" I responded. Quickly, they all moved aside and I gasped when I saw what was written.

'FAT WHORE ' was written across my locker in black ink. I knew only one person who could do this and that was Aurora.

I grit my teeth in anger, as I threw my books inside my locker, holding back my burning tears.

"Like what you see Adeena?" I heard Aurora say. I turned to face her, and she stood there with her hands on her hips, a smirk on her lips and pure evil written all over her face.

"You bitch!" I spat at her and in an instant, I punched her in the face, as I threw my bag on the ground. She went tumbling back, groaning in pain. Before she could come at me, I slapped her hard and I could see her eyes welling up slightly from the pain.

"Addy! Addy, that's enough!" I heard Ashleigh say. I turned to look at her. She was scared. I noticed my breathing becoming ragged, I was scared too.

"Alright, break it up you two!" I heard someone yell. I heard people around me quiet down and that's when I completely realized what I had done.

Shit, shit, shit!

My maths teacher, Mrs.Garcia pulled me away from Aurora and I could feel my hands trembling. "Adeena Lovato, head to the Principal's office right now! Someone, take Aurora to the infirmary please" she ordered.

Fuck, what was gonna happen to me now?

People glared at me, whispering to each other as I grabbed my bag from the floor and walked weakly down the hallway. Ashleigh caught up to me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. Before she could say anything, I spoke up. "I don't wanna talk about it Ash. Leave me alone"

She nodded understandingly, but walked with me until I reached Mrs.Martin's office. I slumped on the seats, and Ashleigh sat next to me in silence.

"Go to class Ash. I'll be fine" I said.

"But-"

"Go to your class. I'll call you when I get home" I said sternly.

"Okay" she muttered, admitting defeat. "Take care Addy" she uttered before she got up. I watched her walk away, and I was immediately surrounded by silence, my thoughts loud though.
-

I was now inside the office, waiting for Demi to come. The Principal said absolutely nothing to me, and continued to do her work.

Someone knocked on the glass door, and Demi walked in. She looked at me with a disheartened expression and greeted Mrs.Martin. She sat down next to me, and I felt my heart dip nervously.

"I'm sorry to have called you Ms.Lovato. I'm aware you have a busy schedule but your daughter got into a bit of a fight today. She punched and slapped a fellow classmate, Aurora Hall" the Principal explained.

I hung my head in shame, fiddling with my fingers as I stared at the white floor.

I heard Demi gasp, and I felt my eyes well up once again. "Oh my goodness! Is-is she alright?" Demi asked.

"She's okay now" Mrs.Martin stated.

"Adeena...what do you have to say in your defense?" the Principal asked me.

I looked up at her. Her dark brown eyes disappointing yet questioning. "I-I...I'm just sorry. I know I shouldn't have hit her" I said, in a loss of words.

"Then why did you?" she probed.

"S-she constantly bullies me" I said.

Her eyes quickly softened, a hint of sadness lurking in them. "Honey...why didn't you come forward with this any time before?" she asked.

"I didn't want to make it a big deal" I answered.

Demi placed her hand on mine, squeezing it gently, as if to tell me it's okay.

"I'm sorry no one noticed it Adeena but violence can never be the answer. I'm sorry sweetie, we're going to have to suspend you for a week. Our school does not tolerate any kind of violence" she stated.

I gasped, my tears falling down slowly and then fast. I breathed deeply, forced myself to stop crying, and wiped away the tears. Demi squeezed my hand tighter then.

"And what, it tolerates bullying? My daughter has been bullied by this girl since she joined this school. What do you plan on doing about that?" Demi interrogated, her voice kind of angry.

"Ms.Lovato, our school has absolutely no tolerance for bullying nor does it have a tolerance for violence. We will make sure that Aurora too is getting the punishment she deserves but we cannot have Adeena at the school for the next week" Mrs.Martin explained, calmly.

"Bullshit" Demi uttered under her breath and got up.

"Mrs.Martin, do make sure that Aurora is punished for what she does to my daughter on a daily basis" Demi said. Her way of saying it was polite, but you could clearly hear the anger and annoyance in her tone.

We walked to the car, and Demi kept quiet all along. We got in, and she started the car. I kept glancing at her, the nervousness filling me up.

"Mom...I'm sorry. I really am. I know I disappointed you" I said.

We were at the stop light, and Demi took her eyes off the road. "No, honey, I'm not disappointed. I know how sorry you are and I'm sorry for what Aurora does to you. I really hope she gets suspended too. But, I don't like how you hit her, it's just not you baby girl. What really happened?"

"I-I don't know. I just couldn't stand her putting me down every single time. I kept quiet mom, I did for so long. I couldn't anymore" I said, leaving out the locker scene.

Demi nodded understandingly, "I like that you stood up for yourself Addy...but next time use your words and just ask her to stay away. You can always tell me or you can tell the Principal if you can't take it anymore, okay?" she said.

I nodded slowly, hiding the fact that Aurora would hit me almost every week. I didn't want Demi to worry more about me, and I didn't know what Aurora would do if she found out that I told Demi about her. Demi would, no doubt, take it to the Principal and I didn't want to face Aurora's wrath.

I bit back my words, and rolled down the windows. I couldn't believe that I was suspended. I wanted to scream, take all my anger out and cry. I just wanted to feel something other than this emptiness and numbness. But, I didn't know how to do that other than drive a blade through my skin.

I, Adeena Grace Lovato, had no absolute interest in living this godforsaken life anymore.
_______________________________________

Hope you like the chapter!

Please vote by clicking the little star🌟 at the bottom!

Stay strong, always❤