Chapter 6.

Nikki's POV

I walked into the bedroom, where Tommy was standing up. "Uh, did I hear everything correctly?" I asked him. "What did you hear?" Tommy asked. "I heard her meaning behind her song, you asking about me, her response and then she got up and walked into the bathroom." I explained. Tommy nodded. "Yeah, you heard everything correctly." He replied. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Does she like me, you know.. like that?" I asked, not really understanding it myself. "She said she doesn't the last time I asked–" "You've asked once before?" I cut him off. He nodded. "Yeah, the night her and I, ya know," he started. "But, talking to her now, in my opinion, I think so." He said. I shook my head.

"Nah, I don't think so. Nobody's ever asked her before, I think that's why she stumbled with her words." I said, quickly. He shrugged. "Well, okay." He said. I walked out and sat down on the couch. I heard Carly singing through the bathroom door slightly. I smiled a little. "She's a great singer, if Mick Mars is any good, she should be the lead singer." Tommy said. "I already asked, she doesn't want friendship and business mixed together." I replied. He nodded.

The day progressed on, Mick showed up and he literally looked like someone out of The Adams Family, which was fucking cool and he can play guitar like nobody else can. He left a little while ago along with Tommy and Carly's in her room messing around on her guitar while I'm in the kitchen trying to find something to eat. We really need to go grocery shopping. I grabbed some hotdogs from the fridge and looked at the expiration date. They're still good.

Then, the power cut out. I heard Carly scream from the other room. I quickly dropped the hotdogs from my hands and walked out. I ran over to Carly's door and I already heard her frantically trying to find the doorknob. I opened the door. "Nikki?" She asked, her voice shaking. I know she's crying. "Yeah, it's me Carly," I replied. She quickly wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her shaking body. "I'm right here, Carly." I soothed. "It's okay, it's just the dark. Nothing here is going to hurt you." I said. She cried into my shirt. "I-It happened so suddenly." She cried. I ran my hands through her hair. "Shh, hey. I'm right here." I said, pulling her closer to me. I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm going to get some candles. I'll stay in your room tonight," I began. "Okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Okay, I'll take you to your bed. I'll be right back, Carls." I said, taking her hand and walking back into her room. "Please don't be long." She said, sniffling. I sat her down on her bed. "I promise I won't be long. The candles are just in the closet in my room, right across the hall. If you need me, call my name. I'll run to you right away." I explained, "o-okay." She replied. I kissed her head and walked out of her room.

I walked across the hall, my hand grazing on the wall to know where I'm going. Carly's always been afraid of the dark, ever since we were teens. I found out about it when we were in the woods together after the sun set.

"Come on, Carly! It's fine!" I called from behind my shoulder. I heard her footsteps pick up and the leaves under her feet crunch more. I heard her run up beside me. "Frank, it's dark," she said, quietly. "It's okay, I have a flashlight." I replied, shining it at her face for a moment, she flinched and pushed the flashlight away. "Still." She replied. "What, are you scared?" I asked, nudging her as we continued forward. "No! It's just not safe!" She exclaimed, causing me to laugh. "You're scared." I said. "Shut up," she mumbled. I chuckled and shook my head as we continued on. I heard her flick her lighter, she's probably lighting a cigarette, my thoughts were confirmed when I saw smoke get blown into my face. "Hey!" I said, waving it away. She giggled. "That's what you get," she replied. I shook my head and then the flashlight started to flicker. "Frank," she said, more frantically. "It's okay, it's just old," I replied, hitting it a little. Then, it went completely out. I heard Carly shriek. "Frank, fix it!" She exclaimed. "I'm trying!" I replied, hitting it. "The batteries must've died." I said, looking up and seeing the pitch blackness of the woods. I looked over to where Carly would be but, she wasn't there. "Carly?" I asked, squinting, I looked down and she was sitting on the ground, knees pressed to her chest. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting down next to her. "I-I'm scared," she cried. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her. "It's okay, I'm right here. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I soothed. She was trembling in my grasp. "Calm down, we'll get out of here and walk home–" "Can I stay with you tonight?" She asked, weakly. "Of course." I replied, resting my head on hers. "It's going to be okay."

I walked back into her room with the candles. I put one on her dresser and lit it, the light dimly lit the whole room. I looked over at Carly, she has her knees brought up to her chest and her makeup is running down her face. I frowned and quickly set up the candles around the room and lit them. I walked over and sat next to her. "Better?" I asked. She nodded. "Thank you," she said, quietly. I wrapped my arms around her again. "I'm sorry, money has been tight and I haven't gotten a chance to pay the elections bill." I said. She sniffled. "I get paid tomorrow, we can pay it then." She replied. "I hate the dark." She added on.

"Can I ask why? You've never told me the reason." I said. She let her legs fall so they were hanging off her bed and on the floor again. "Just don't like it," she said, quickly. I didn't push her. I know there's more to it, but I can talk to her about it another time. "Can we just go to bed?" She asked. I nodded. "Of course," I replied. She crawled over to the top of her bed and got under the covers and pulled them up to her chin. "Lay next to me." She spoke up. I scooted up to the top of the bed and got under the covers. As soon as I got under the covers, she held onto me and cuddled into me. "Thank you for always keeping me safe, Nikki," she said with her eyes already closed.

"You don't need to thank me, I'm always going to be here to keep you safe." I said as I wrapped my arms around her. We stayed like that until I felt Carly's breathing go slower, indicating that she fell asleep. I relaxed a little and shut my eyes. Waiting for sleep to engulf me, too.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated. Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)