Epilogue?

Carly's POV

I woke to the sun shining in my eyes. I got up and shut the curtains and sighed. I looked around at my new bedroom. First night in my new place wasn't so bad. I can't believe I got out of the hospital, I'm finally on my own. Nikki isn't here, Tommy isn't here, Vince isn't here, Mick isn't here, it's just me. All alone on Christmas morning. I walked out and into the kitchen, I grabbed a beer from the fridge and memories of doing this with Nikki every morning flooded my mind. I frowned, I know this all my choice, but I miss Nikki. I know I can't just go running back to him.

I took a sip of my beer and looked around at my kitchen. I've never had a house of my own. Every place Nikki and I got, which was only two places, had his name on it. I've never had a house with my name on it. I smiled a little. Maybe, being independent for a while is a good thing. I've been dependent on Nikki for basically 8 years, I need to learn to be on my own. I can't keep running to Nikki with tears running down my face and have him fix everything. I need to be my own hero.

I walked into my living room and sat down, I turned the TV on and looked at the coffee table. It's all my home videos. I picked one up and put it in, I pressed play and was met with Frank, I smiled a little and tears welded up in my eyes. "What are you doing?" He laughed. "Taking a video of my best friend, what does it look like I'm doing?" I heard me from behind the camera. "You look so cute today!" I heard me again. He laughed. "Not as cute as you! Little miss Starry Eyes." He said. I smiled. He took the camera from my hands and pointed it to me. I smiled showing my teeth, my braces showed. "I love your fucking braces," I heard Frank say. "They're coming off next week!" I exclaimed happily. I recognize the place of Frank's bedroom, where I really spent most of my time. I rarely ever went home once I met Frank.

The video ended and the tears ran down my cheeks. I'll cherish each and every one of these videos forever. I miss him so much, I miss Nikki so much. I took a gulp of my beer and put it on the coffee table. I looked around at my house again. Am I making a mistake? I could sell this and go back to Nikki again. I shook my head. "No, I'm being independent for once. I don't need Nikki." I said. Well, that's a lie. I do need Nikki to feel complete and normal.

I sighed and downed the rest of my beer. I realize that having a beer in the morning isn't as fun as it was with Nikki. He's like a drug, I can never get enough of him. I really hope he's not freaking out right now, I'm sure he isn't. He did leave me without saying anything yesterday. I'm sure he's relieved that I'm finally out of his hair. I wiped the tears off my cheeks and pulled my knees to my chest.

Maybe I am making a mistake, maybe this isn't the right thing to do. All my life, Nikki has been by my side. He's always treated me like crap one day and then is treating me like a Princess the next. I can't keep doing it. He yells at me and then holds me and tells me he's sorry but, then does it again a few days later. It fucks with my head and he knows he can treat me however he wants and get away with it because I've been allowing him to treat me like that for years. Not anymore, I need a break. I don't know when or if we'll see each other again but, I know that it'll take me a while to accept that things between Nikki and I are really over.

Sometimes, not all endings are happy.

Or, are they..?

(A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY! I have never gotten so much love on a story before and it warms my heart. Thank you for everyone who voted every chapter, thank you for everyone who read every chapter, it means the world to me! If you enjoyed, please vote! It's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! And for the last time for this story, okay bye👻)