Chapter 56.

Carly's POV

"You day our love is like dynamite, open your eyes, it's like fire and ice. Well, you're killing me. Your love's a guillotine, why don't you just set me free?" I sang along to their album. "Too young to fall in love," I heard Nikki sing from behind me. I giggled and turned around. "You a fan of us or something?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen. I smiled and turned the music off. "Nah, you guys are just alright." I winked at him. "Just alright, hm?" He asked. I nodded. "That's funny, because I remember when you sang and danced around our old apartment to our first album," he winked at me. I felt my cheeks heat up. "We don't talk about that," I replied. He laughed.

"Are you feeling better from last night?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist. I felt my heart flutter when he pressed his body close to mine. "I'm better, because of you." I replied. "I wouldn't say that," he said. "You really helped me last night, you're like a superhero." I giggled and looked up at him. He smiled at me. "I wouldn't say all that," he replied. I smiled and he let go of me and sat on the counter of the kitchen. "Whatcha making?" He asked. "Just a salad," I replied. "Booooring!" He said loudly. I laughed. "I don't see you making anything," I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, because I don't like cooking." He replied. I rolled my eyes and got my salad and sat down at the table. He hopped off the counter and got himself a plate and sat next to me. "Look who's boring now." I said. He chuckled and took a bite. "Well, your food is always good," he replied. I smiled and started to eat. "Whatcha wanna do today, little lady?" He asked. I smiled again. "Hm, I dunno. What did you have in mind?" I asked. "Well, Christmas is coming up, we could do some Christmas shopping?" He asked. "It's Black Friday, anyways." He added on. I took bite of my food.

"Hm," I said and swallowed. He smiled at me. "Okay, we could go shopping." I said. He smiled. "We gotta split up, because I'm getting stuff for you." He said. "You don't need to do that, Nikki." I replied. "I'm doing it anyways," he said. I smiled. "Okay, I'm getting you something, too." I said, smiling at him. "I don't need anything, baby." He said. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. No matter how long we've been friends, he always has this affect on me. "Seeing you happy is gift enough for me." He said. "Aw, that's sweet but, you deserve the world, so I'm gonna try my best to get the world under our tree." I said. He chuckled.

"We're actually gonna get a tree?" He asked. "Yes! We can finally afford a Christmas and this year we're gonna do it right." I replied. He smiled. "Okay, that's fine." He said. "Instead of shopping today, let's get a tree and stuff to decorate, we can shop another day," he said. I smiled wide. "Yes, hurry up and eat! I'm going to get my Christmas sweater!" I said, excitedly. He laughed and took a bite of food. I sat there watching him. "Uh, is there a reason you're watching me?" He asked, laughing a little. "You're slow." I said. He laughed.

A little more time passed and he still wasn't done. "That's it!" I said, loudly. I took the plate from him and the fork and put it on the counter. "I wasn't finished!" He laughed. "Get up, get your Christmas sweater on! We have things to do!" I said, taking his hand and pulling him up. He laughed and stood up. "Any reason why you're so excited?" He asked. "I've never had a real Christmas, I'm excited to finally have one." I said, smiling.

"I didn't even know I had this Christmas sweater," Nikki laughed as we walked back into our house. "I bought it for you, that's why we have a matching ones. Duh." I said as I put the boxes of ordainments down. He smiled and put the tree down. "Where should the tree go?" He asked. "Over by the corner of the room, it's dull over there." I said. He smiled and got the tree out of the box. He set it up and stepped back. "Well?" He asked, smiling at me. "Perfect!" I squealed. He laughed. "I'm glad we decided to do this, seeing you this happy is amazing." He said.

We got out the multicolored lights and started to put them on the tree. "Okay, ready to plug them in?" He asked. I nodded. He leaned down and plugged the lights in. I smiled wide. "It's perfect." I said. "Well, not yet. We still have the ordainments to put on." He replied. He walked over and got them out of the bags and walked over.

We finished decorating the tree and got the star out. I looked over at Nikki and put my arms up. He laughed and walked over and lifted me up. I put the star on and he sat me down. I walked back and looked at it. "It's absolutely perfect, Nikki." I smiled. "I'm glad you like it," he said and kissed my head. "This will be the best Christmas you've ever had, I promise." He said. "It's already the best Christmas I've ever had," I said smiling.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)