Chapter 57.

Carly's POV

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. I wrapped my hair up and wrapped a towel around my body. I stepped out of the bathroom and walked into my bedroom. "What are you doing in here?" I asked. Nikki smiled. "Just waiting to see my Starry Eyes." He said, sitting up from my bed. I smiled and walked over to my drawer. I grabbed undergarments and dropped the towel. I slipped them on and then slipped on my black leggings. I walked over to my closet and looked through my shirts. I groaned and looked at Nikki. I walked over to Nikki and lifted his shirt up and over his head and slipped it on.

"What the fuck was that?!" He exclaimed, laughing. "I couldn't find anything to wear." I shrugged. "So, you literally take clothes off my back?" He laughed. "It smells like you," I giggled. "Plus, I like looking at you shirtless." I added on. "What, am I just eye candy to you?" He asked. "Yeah, totally." I replied, sarcastically. He chuckled. "You're lucky you're cute, or you wouldn't be able to do all the things that you do to me." He replied. I smiled wide and grabbed my brush and started to brush my hair.

The day progressed on and Nikki and I are laying on his bed after just doing some smack. "See? Isn't it better when you do it with me?" He spoke up. I laughed. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry for not telling you sooner," I giggled. He smiled and pulled me close to him, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. I smiled and cuddled into him. This right here, it's all I'll ever need in life. "You complete me," I said. He tightened his grip on me and rubbed my back. "You complete me, small one." He replied.

I smiled and I heard the phone ring. "You get it." I said. "No, I got the last one." He replied. "Bullshit, I got the last one." I said. "That's a lie! I got the last one!" He exclaimed. I laughed. "Nah, I don't recall that." I said. He laughed. "You're so much work," he said. "That's all you, babe." I said. "Oh my god!" He laughed. The phone stopped ringing. "You missed it," I said. "It was your turn!" He laughed. I giggled and the phone started to ring again.

"Ugh, fine. I'll go get it." He gave in and let go of me and stood up. He walked out to the living room. "Hello?" I heard. "Frank? I haven't heard that name in years," he said. "I go by Nikki now," he said. "Oh, uh, okay," he said. He sounded a lot more uneasy now. "Oh, yeah. I'll go get Carly.." He said. I heard him walk in. "It's for you," he said. "Who's calling?" I asked. "Your Mom–" "Tell her I'm not coming to the phone," I cut him off. "No, you need to talk to her." He said. My face softened. He never wants me to talk to them, what's going on?

I slowly rose from the bed and walked out and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I said. "Carlotta," she began. "It's your Father," she said. I looked over at Nikki walking into the room, he looked worried. "What about him?" I asked. "He, well.." She trailed off. "It happened so suddenly." She said. I could tell she was crying. "Mom, what happened to Dad?" I asked, frantically. "He had a heart attack two days ago, he was in the hospital for those two days, he already had a weak heart from the heart attack he suffered when you were a kid," she started. "Carlotta, he passed away this morning." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't know if you wanted to know or not, but the funeral is going to be held two days from now. I'd like you to come." She continued.

"I-I gotta go," I said. I hung the phone up and looked at Nikki. "Well? She wouldn't tell me anything, just saying it was urgent and important about the family, I knew something wasn't right." He said. "My Dad, he.." I trailed off. "He's dead." I said, looking up at Nikki. His eyes went wide. "Wow, I don't even know what to say," he said. "I don't know what to say either," I said. "The funeral is in 2 days, my Mom wants me there." I explained. "Do you want to go?" He asked. "Honestly? No, not at all." I said. "But, I think I need to go. I need to get closure." I said.

He walked over and hugged me tightly. "Okay, then we'll go." He said. "We'll?" I asked, looking up at him. He nodded. "You're not going there alone, I'm going to be right by your side through this whole thing, Carly." He said. I smiled a little and rested my head on his chest.

My Dad is dead? I can't even believe it, I honestly thought he was too hard headed to die, he always said he'd be around to make my life hell. It's all over now? He's gone, he can't hurt me anymore? I felt tears fill my eyes, not that I'm mourning the loss of him, but because I'm almost relieved that he can't hurt me anymore. That it's all over. I'm not happy or sad that he's gone, I'm just relieved.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)