Chapter 26.

Carly's POV

It's now November, I recovered fairly quickly. Mötley signed to a new manager and now I'm officially a manager for the band. Things have escalated a lot since my seizure, they recorded a video for their song "Live Wire" and Nikki lit himself on fire, he also does it every show and it scares the hell out of me. His and Lita's relationship has progressed to the point of her staying here or him staying at her place for a few nights at a time and I absolutely fucking hate it.

I was clean from all drugs for about a month but, when Nikki and Lita's relationship started to progress more, that quickly changed. I don't know how to cope with these feelings, they've never happened to me before. Vince introduced me to shooting blow and I've become obsessed with that. Nikki has no clue that I'm even back on drugs, I've done a good job at hiding it, I've been wearing long sleeves to hide my track marks or use makeup to cover it up when I'm not wearing long sleeves.

"You got us a spot on the Ozzy Osborne tour?!" Nikki exclaimed. I smiled. "Yes! As opening acts!" I replied. He lifted me up and spun me around. "That's fucking insane!" He said as he put me down. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, to see Nikki so excited and happy brought so much happiness to my life. "Well, your other manager–" "But, you also made it happen! You're the best, Carls!" He said, hugging me. I smiled showing my teeth as I embraced him. "My little Starry Eyes," he said. If my smile got any bigger, it would be from one ear to the other. "It's going to be next year, so you can play songs from your album and the one you're writing now." I said as we released from our embrace.

"Also, I still love when you call me that." I said. "Starry Eyes?" He asked. I nodded. "Have you ever really read the lyrics?" He asked. I shook my head. "Come here," he said. He took my hand and we headed to his room. We sat down on his bed and he handed me his notebook. I flipped through some of the pages and landed on, "Starry Eyes". I smiled. "When she laughs, she's got the power of a child in her eyes." I read aloud. "I've always loved your laugh, it was very rare that you laughed when we were teens because of your home life but, when you laughed, it was the most beautiful sound in the world to me." He said. I smiled. "You deserve to laugh and smile, I always get happy when you're happy because you deserve all of the happiness in the world." He said. "Aw, Nikki," I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

I read some more of the lyrics. "Standing alone in the light, you could see her cry. With a smile and a wink, and a sparkle in her eyes, she calmly sighed, I will be alright." I read. "You've always been so strong, throughout all the time I've known you, you never show when you're hurt or upset. I've seen you cry because of your folks so many times before and every time I'd ask, you would smile and look at me, calmly sigh and say you'd be alright," he explained. I smiled more. "This is such a beautiful song, Nikki." I said. "Well, it's about a beautiful person." He replied. I felt my cheeks heat up. "Thank you."

"Okay, child. You've had to take the pain of a man in the streets. You gotta let me in, you needed a friend, even just for one night." I read. "That line is about your Dad," he said. "What?" I asked. "You've had to take the pain of a man in the streets, your Dad. Your Dad treated you like absolute shit, he beat the shit out of you all 16 years of your time living there," he started. "I wanted you to let me in, I wanted to be there for you. You'd never let me help, you'd never even tell me about half the shit that went down in your house. I knew you needed a friend. You needed someone in your life to give a shit about you, I wanted to be that person so badly." He said.

I felt the tears run down my cheeks. I smiled up at him. "Nikki," I said, wiping my tears away. "That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me," I started. "You are that person for me." I said. He smiled and we locked eyes. He brought his hand up and used his thumb to wipe the remaining tears off my cheeks. I rested my hand over top of his, he leaned in and our lips pressed together. He started to move his lips with mine and pulled me closer to him. I moved my other arm around his neck.

We have kissed and made out a few times but, never like this. It wasn't passionate in the way that it would lead to sex, it was passionate in another way. It was romantic. I cherished every single second of it. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against mine. "I might've just made a mistake by doing that, but I don't care," he said. "I know I'm dating someone and that that was wrong but, I don't care at all." He said. "I couldn't help it. I had to kiss you. I had to kiss you, Starry Eyes." He said.

"I'm glad you kissed me, I wanted to kiss you, too, Nikki." I replied.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)