34

Since I wasn't an incredibly adventurous person, I loved how the new slip I had bought from Victoria's Secret provided me a good amount of coverage, yet was still sexy and made me feel very confident.

The material was red satin, just-and-just covering my behind and extenuating my curves. The plunging v-neck had a lovely chantilly lace trim, with thin straps holding it up.

I was tiptoeing over to Theo's room, not being too careful since I heard my father snoring loudly down the other end of the hallway.

It was past midnight. We had enjoyed a lovely dinner, and I couldn't have been happier as to how well I got along again with Louis. He had changed for the better, and I thanked the Lord for it.

When morning would come, we would celebrate my father's birthday.

Gently, I knocked twice on the door of the room Theo was staying in, before silently twisting the handle and opening the door just enough to able myself to slip in.

I closed the door and turned around to find him on the bed, leaning against the backrest, shirtless with the duvet tugged to cover his lap, with his phone resting in his hand.

It was dark, but the open curtains enabled moonlight to cast a dim glow by the bed.

"Wow," was the first thing that left his lips after I began nearing him. His dark eyes ran over my complexion, darkening even more when he shifted and placed his phone on the night table.

I arrived by the bed and lifted my right knee onto it, about to climb towards him.

"Do you like it?" I asked quietly, smiling mischievously to myself. The way he watched me made me feel even more sexy and confident.

"I love it..." he sounded quite preoccupied, his tongue darting out quickly to run over his lower lip as he took me in.

"I just bought it from Victoria's Secret," I told him, smile widening when he cleared his throat quietly.

His eyes raised up to meet mine, causing my core to clench with how intense they were, "you look gorgeous in anything. Right now is no exception."

I took it upon myself to then manoeuvre myself over to straddle his duvet-covered lap. I placed my hands on his hard chest, feeling his muscles underneath my palms.

"Hi," I lowered my voice almost down to a whisper, loving the way he was watching me. His back was still against the headboard, his hands slowly moving onto my bare thighs.

"Hey," he chuckled, his tone mirroring mine while his hands pushed up the silk material of the slip as they moved even higher on my thighs.

"What's the connection between you and Lucy?" I had to ask him, as close to him as possible with a deep craving for care and closeness.

His brows furrowed, dark features darkening, "what do you mean?"

"You know her from somewhere, Theo. It's fine if she is an ex, I'm fine with the fact that you've had others before me," I was assuring him, but somehow with the change in his expression I realised maybe I was on the wrong track.

"She isn't an ex," he shook his head, "she's nobody. Don't worry yourself about it, Tinker Bell."

"You telling me not to worry is making me worry," I told him, glancing down at our laps with a quiet laugh.

I felt him brush a piece of my hair behind my ear, his other hand still staying very high up on my bare thigh.

"Don't. She's your brother's girlfriend, whom he met in rehab. How is there any way I could know her?" Theo had his brows raised at me a little when I looked back up again, finding his gaze. He wouldn't lie to me, would he?