58

After I had gathered enough of my belongings to survive one night and, with excitement filling me at the thought of meeting his mother, I had rushed back to Theo's car with Frosty.

Theo seemed amused at my eagerness to get back on the road for the drive to his mother's beach house, following calmly behind me.

We had buckled ourselves in.

"You want to put on Coldplay?" He had asked and was handing his phone over to me before he had even started the car.

I had shaken my head and got comfortable in the passenger's seat. Frosty had been laying on my lap, ignoring Theo like the sassy queen that she was.

I still remembered when she had snuggled against his leg that day when he'd come over after Russia, the day he had broken up with me because of what he thought would have been best for me and my life.

"Put on something you like," I had told him encouragingly, "I want to hear what you listen to."

He had shrugged and begun scrolling through his playlists, "as long as R&B doesn't get you too excited.."

I had giggled and ran my finger's through Frosty's soft, white fur, "I'm not promising anything."

"You and R&B in a closed space? I'm not sure I can handle that combo," I had continued with a grin.

__

The gentle and seductive beats had lulled me off into a small slumber right as he had driven onto the highway. Frosty had been on my lap, also sleeping.

I woke up at the feel of the car slowing down to a stop.

Before my eyes had even opened yet, I registered the warm weight of Frosty no longer on my lap. Frightened that she had fallen and was now on the floor of this sports car, I jolted and my eyes shot open.

"Everything alright?"

The floor by my shoes was empty, so I turned my wide eyes over to Theo, who had just spoken and had his brows raised at me.

My eyes widened even more when I took in the sight of Frosty now sleeping on his lap, purring as his fingers ran through her hair. I had never wanted to be a cat so much in my life.

I wasn't surprised at all that my cat was purring; Theo really knew how to work his fingers to get a girl happy. (<<< A/N: I'M CRINGING AT MYSELF, I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS I CAN'T BELIEVE I WOULD EVEN THINK SOMETHING LIKE THIS AHH HAHA!!)

"What's going on?" My groggy voice joined Frosty's purring to fill the otherwise serene and quiet car.

"I need to go get a coffee before I pass out at the wheel," he grinned with a small shrug.

"That's not funny... you wouldn't believe how many people actually do," I shook my head with a small frown, "statistics say—"

"Okay, calm down," he let out a small laugh and reached his free hand over to brush a piece of hair behind my ear. In my just-woken-up and dreamy state, I found myself leaning into his warm touch.

"I can drive if you want to rest?" I offered with a small yawn, which I covered with the back of my hand, "we can't be far?"

I knew his mother didn't live far away from London. It couldn't be more than 45 minutes till we got there, judging by what time it now was compared to when we'd left from my house.

"This is a Bugatti Chiron, Tinker Bell," Theo raised his brows almost challengingly at me, "there's no way I'm letting you drive."

My brows furrowed. I wasn't a fan of cars, especially sports car. My car drove me to the hospital and back, which was all I personally required a car to do.