bonus: 80

"What the bloody hell were you thinking, you absolute dimwit?"

The speed at which he had so suddenly changed to incredibly protective and angry, surprised us all.

"You do not kick a ball at my pregnant wife!" He was murderously glaring at a very regretful-looking Felix.

If Theo hadn't grown so incredibly protective of me since I told him I was pregnant, he wouldn't have been standing right next to me now and been very quick to react when Felix had passed me the football we had been casually kicking around.

If Theo hadn't been beside me, the ball from the professional football player would have hit my protruding stomach at a great speed, and in the worst case scenario I could have lost our child.

"Listen, I'm sorry," Felix called over to me from the goal by which he was standing.

Theo was holding my hand with an extremely firm grip, while the football was in his other hand.

"Sometimes it slips my mind how you're not a professional, your passes are so good..." Felix was offering me a small smile, which I returned.

"How bloody stupid—" Theo was very angry at Felix, and him having become so protective explained his reaction.

In only two weeks our baby was due.

"Felix, it's fine!" I cut Theo off, not wanting to have our barbecue at Justin's and Emma's ruined.

My husband glanced at me with furrowed brows and narrowed eyes, his jaw clenched in frustration.

I blamed my crazy hormones for how much I loved this sudden protective side of him; it was such a primal need to protect your wife and child, and I found nothing more attractive.

"Do you not understand, Scarlett? We could have lost our baby," he turned to face me after smoothly kicking the ball back over to Felix, "what if I hadn't been here, hm? You're not taking this seriously..."

"I am taking this seriously, and I do understand," I assured him gently, "but the ball didn't hit me, everything's fine..."

"You don't know how to stop a football flying like that, I haven't taught you yet... I don't understand what his fucking problem is, his complete disregard for your safety..." Theo frowned, now simply shaking his head, "and I don't understand why you thought it was such a bloody great idea to come here."

His shoulders were very tense, and I wanted nothing more than to relax the wonderful man.

"They're our friends, there's no reason why we shouldn't spend time with them."

Theo huffed and ran a hand through his hair, "you're too pregnant to be around anyone but me."

There was vulnerability in his dark and intense eyes, but I couldn't help but smile. He placed his free hand onto the side of the baby bump – on the spot we often felt the baby's kicks – and seemed to relax from the feel of it, reminding himself our baby boy was okay.

"Am I a safety hazard, or something?" I tried to lighten up his mood, but received nothing but another sigh from his lips.

"You have no idea how scared I am by the thought of something happening to you. I hate it that you're so energetic and happy," he murmured.

I gave him another smile, this time a more reassuring one, "it was a mistake, honey, they happen. I'm fine, the baby's fine. Thank you for being here, you're going to be the greatest father. Just please, don't brood over something that didn't happen."

He huffed out a minty breath and ran a hand through his hair, his gaze very intense, "why can't you be a pickle-craving and stressed out pregnant woman? I hadn't been expecting you to be so happy and wanting to meet friends and so on... it just creates more risks..."