||Not just a night out||

It was still a few more days until Ed came back, I didn't realize how boring it can be without a roommate. Poor Ed had to deal with this for months. I should apologise to her when she's back. I was lying across my bed looking directly out the window watching as raindrops fell against the glass and then my eyes dropped to my computer. Business has been slow, about one web design every two weeks. I've been thinking of applying for game designer companies but something's been stopping me. I didn't know what, maybe I'm too lazy to get all dressed up to hand in my application but for now I've got all the money I need so what's the point?
Sighing I decided to mop a little less and travelled across the hall hoping to enlighten my day and it worked.

When Phil came to answer the door he had a pickle in his hand showing off how it yodelled. Why did he think to buy it? Then going up the stairs to find Dan playing his piano. I loved hearing him play, it was so calming even when he'd be so modest before showing me some songs originally and for interactive introverts all I said was I could listen to him play all day. It was true.

Dan slightly jumped when feeling my hand touch his shoulder but still continued to play. Placing myself down next to him I leant my head on his shoulder shutting my eyes and listening to him play.

"You alright?" I hummed softly as I brushed a few tears off my cheeks making sure he didn't notice.

"Just thinking too much." I breathed feeling him kiss my head.

"Same here, did you want to go out?" Glancing up to him I thought for a moment. "I've booked a nice restaurant just for the two of us." I smiled, Dan stopped playing to bring his hand to my cheek.

"So when you say did you want to go out there's no real option?" Dan grinned nodding his head kissing me sweetly.

"Exactly, I've booked it for 6 tonight." Glancing towards a clock I jumped from my seat.

"Dan, I have just under an hour to get ready. You couldn't have mentioned this sooner?" I ran out of the room almost knocking over his draws on the way out. 

The restaurant was beautiful, very hipster and fancy at the same time

The restaurant was beautiful, very hipster and fancy at the same time. I smiled holding Dan's hand. He was looking nervous but I couldn't tell why we never go out in style like this maybe he just wants to impress me.

 He was looking nervous but I couldn't tell why we never go out in style like this maybe he just wants to impress me

"I love this place, it's amazing." Smiling to calm him Dan nodded biting his lower lip.

"You're beautiful tonight. I'm impressed you got ready in half an hour." I laughed threading a hair behind my ear.

"And who's fault was that I lost years off my life because of you." He still smiled taking my breath away. He always looks good in a suit. The waiter came around with our orders. Just as I thought delicious, but smaller proportion always. Just to make sure people order more food.

"I was thinking of getting dessert somewhere else if that's ok with you?" I nodded sliding closer to him for a kiss. It was cold when we went outside since the sun went down the temperature dropped.

"You know you don't have to try and impress me. I love you no matter what." Dan looped his arm with mine taking me towards an ice cream shop that was still open to my surprise. It was simple and less expensive to the last restaurant. It was cute as Dan passed over my ice cream still holding my hand and in doing so getting strawberry all over his arm.

"Dan you can let go of my hand for one second," I said taking a tissue to clean up his arm.

"I'm never letting you go." I rolled my eyes from the cheesiness but still blushed. We walked back to the apartment eating away at the ice creams. It reminded me when we went to see Thor together. Our first unofficial date. Smiling to myself think of how this year has gone.... We've both changed quite a lot.

"Gosh, I can't believe I finished that ice cream, I thought I'd explode." I groaned walking into Dan's room. Noticing how much cleaner it was than earlier today. Ignoring the fact Dan cleaned his room I fell onto his bed slipping off my shoes while letting out a yawn, it was just past 11. "Hey, Dan why were you so worried about tonight?"I questioned realizing that I hadn't heard a word from him since walking into his room.

"Oh yeah, I um was just worried about something." The bed dipped a bit, I sat up wondering what got him so worried about today.

"About what?" He was scratching the back of his head. I saw something in his other hand.

"I had something to ask you and I was gonna ask you when at the restaurant but I chickened out and now if I say it here it'd stupid. But now I've said this I can't not say it and I'm rambling." Tears formed in my eyes, please tell me I'm not an idiot and crying for no reason. Dan took my hands in his, shifting himself to the floor holding out a box while taking a deep breath. "I know we've only known one another for a shorter amount of time, less than most couples before this question is asked but I feel I cannot live without you and when seeing Eden at her wedding all I could think about was you being the one in that wedding dress getting married to me." Cupping a hand over my mouth tear fell down my cheeks. "You make me happy, more than anyone else could including dips. I love you with all my heart and soul if I had one... (Y/n) (l/n) will you marry me?" For once in my life, nothing seemed more certain than this. Not a moment of doubt struck me when I breathed out a 'yes'

We both cried of happiness as I hugged Dan onto the floor. The ring was put on my finger. Many kisses were exchanged that night, even more than kisses. It was magical just how I thought it would be.