8. Town

(Levi) 

"Ok, thank you." I answered the girl in the counter and left the cafeteria. 

I was out with (Y/N) looking for a job and this cafe was asking for someone to serve the people and speak different languages. I was fit for the job, the only problem was my age. Apparently I was too old. I don't blame them I was twenty eight but come on. I'm still good looking. 

As I was making my way out I thought about sending in (Y/N). She was young, pretty, knew different languages and knew the job. However they did ask for a diploma and she didn't have that. 

Plus she gets very nervous around people and this is a very big cafeteria. Very popular too, so I don't think it's a good idea to send her to work here. She needs something smaller. I made my way out and saw her leaning on the wall. 

Once she saw me she walked up to me. 

"Well? "

"I'm sorry. I didn't get it, apparently I'm too old. " 

"Oh... That's fine we can look somewhere else. But I'll be honest. You are getting kinda old. You are twenty eight and you are still looking for jobs at cafetirias. Don't you think you should look for a job at a company or something? "

"You mean I'm no longer pretty enough to work at a place like this? " I smirked and placed my hands on her waist. 

"God no, you are handsome as hell. Easily could pass for a model. What I'm saying is, this is when people start to take their lives seriously and you know the job to work at a company, why don't you look for something like that? "

I buried my face in her neck. She had a point and I knew that. I wanted to, I really did, especially with her now, I wanted to give her the world and I could do that. I could easily find a job at a company as a secretary and work my way higher. I knew how to do it. 

But doing that meant that I had to make myself known to the system. When I came here seven years ago I made sure that people couldn't find me. To everyone it looked like I came here as a tourist so no one bothered with where I live. 

I didn't have to worry about being sent back to France either because my father was from here so I made the papers to live legally here years ago. 

However finding a job at a company meant that I'd have to make papers for my payment and actually settle down and it may sound like a dream but I don't want to risk having the police find me through my bank account or something. 

I hugged her tightly. Maybe... Just maybe. It's been seven years and I'm still here. Maybe I can start over without fear. I want us to have a house and a life like normal people but I'm so close. Three more years and I'll be completely safe but maybe it's time for me to start over. They would have found me by now right? 

"I'll... Think about it. There is something I want to think about first and then I'll see. But I'm not making any promises. " I mumbled in her neck. 

She kissed my head and I smiled. I'm happy I'm not alone. 

"Thank you. And just so you know, you don't have to. If you, for whatever reason, don't want to do this then it's fine. Well it's not fine but know that I won't judge you. What did we have what did we lose. "

"We lose a chance at a better life. "

"Let's drop it. You said you'll think about it. That's good enough for me. "

I stood straight and took her hand. 

"Let's go look somewhere else. " I said and started heading somewhere else.