13. Talk

(Y/N)

"So? " Levi asked taking a piece of waffles and eating it. 

"Well...? " what could I ask him about? "You come from France. What was your life like living there? " 

"It was nice. Growing up I didn't have many friends because of my cold personality but I did have two friends. My mother was a prostitute and one day one of her clients got her pregnant. " 

My eyes widen at this but I didn't say anything. He was telling me about what he felt comfortable telling me and I didn't want to interrupt him. 

"My dad was kind of a jerk. He only waited for my mom to bring money home and never helped her with anything. He would also steal money that she would save in case of an emergency. "

I guess this explains why he is so worried about getting a job and asking me to buy stuff. I would be too if my parents fought for stuff like that, which I guess happened a lot in his home growing up. 

"My mom would come home covered in bruises and scratches but she would still smile and spend time with me. "

He smiled at the memory. That also explains why he doesn't try anything sexual with me and why he got so upset when I half joked about becoming a prostitute myself. 

"My pathetic excuse of a dad was from here which is why I don't have to worry about being sent back to France and he also died when I was ten. "

I thought about saying that I'm sorry but he didn't seem to care about the guy. 

"My uncle fill in the father figure I needed as a child, I guess, but it's not like he was good at it. He did however teach me stuff about surviving, which helped with me living on the streets.  I started working at the age of fifteen at different cafes and other places because we had trouble getting money. With my mom getting older it was to be expected. Two years after I graduate from school I went to work for a really big company and we were in a good place for a while but then something happened and I left. "

He got a little quiet at the end. 

"Anyway. My mom had retired and she was living a normal life and I had also saved a lot of money because my job payed really good and now my mom has this money so I'm not worried about her... "

He seemed sad talking about his mom. He probably misses her. Maybe once we settle down he can go and visit her. 

"Then something happened and I left, coming here. I could find a job but for reasons I'm not going to talk about I didn't and instead lived on the streets. That wasn't the best idea because I have a really bad case of OCD not to mention my insomnia so I couldn't get a lot of sleep but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. "

He finished and I just sat there thinking of what to say. 

"That's my past. At least what I feel comfortable talking about. What do you say? "

"I... Think you have a very interesting past. " I sat on his lap. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. " I kissed his cheek. 

He shrugged his shoulders. "It was my life. I didn't hate it, my mom was good and I miss her but what can I do? "he placed his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Even if I wanted to visit her I can't. "

I just kissed him not wanting to make him talk about his past anymore. "I'm glad you told me. Thanks. "

"Hmm. Anything else you want to know about? " 

"What do you like? "

"I like cleaning. It calms me down. "

"Just that? "