51. Road Trip

(Levi) 

I sighed for the hundredth time and rested my head on the back of the chair while looking at the road in front of me. I was driving for an hour at this point and we were just getting out of town because the way we were originally going to use was closed so I had to turn back and go to the other side and get out of town that way. 

Best fucking thing is that now we'd have to take the even longer way there so we would arrive at our hotel at around two in the morning if we got lucky. Which we would because it's just one empty road with no one around. 

It would literally be just us on the road for almost all the way there. Fucking fantastic. 

(Y/N) had called the hotel to let them know that we would be late and now she was sleeping. I don't blame her, she spent most of the night awake making sure we got everything and to also make sure we didn't leave anything Noir might need behind. Plus she woke up early to go and buy us some summer clothes. 

She didn't buy much because we agreed to buy clothes and stuff from there but we couldn't stay hours in the car with long sleeved shirts and long pants. The weather got hot pretty much out of nowhere, one day we were wearing long sleeves and it was fine and two days later we were sweating. 

Damn humans fucking up the planet. 

At this point I was considering closing the windows and turning the air-conditioning on because the air was warm and wasn't doing much at keeping me cool. The car in front of me was so far away I could barely see it and I didn't have anyone behind me. The only thing on either side of me were trees and grass but that would change in a few minutes. 

The music made want to kill myself even though I could barely hear it. I had the volume on low for (Y/N) but still, it was so upbeat and I just wanted to hear something to relax. At first it was a Spanish song saying Despacito all the time, then it was a girl singing about God being a woman, I think the singers name is Ariana Grande, then it was someone singing about Havana and then a song from a singer I actually know, Shakira.

I didn't know the song but I recognized the voice. 

I sighed again and (Y/N) next to me started waking up. It was almost four anyway. She opened her eyes and looked around before her eyes landed on me. 

"Hello. " she said and yawned. 

"Good morning, sunshine." I kept my eyes on the road even though there was no reason to. 

"Where are we? " she looked out of the window. 

"Just outside the city. We still have about ten hours until we get there. " she groaned. 

"Fantastic. " she grabbed her phone. "Can you please turn the air-conditioning on? I'm sweating."

I nodded and turned it on and closed the windows. She didn't know what the buttons did so I wasn't surprised she asked me to do it. She turned the music higher and opened her phone. I sighed again and closed my eyes just for two seconds. 

"Are you okay? " she asked. 

"Yeah... " it was honestly the music that pissed me off a lot but since (Y/N) seemed to like it I didn't say anything. "How long away is the next place we can stop at? " 

"Hmm... " I'm guessing she opened Google to check. "Two hours away is a small village and the road goes right through it. After that there's nothing until we reach the town. "

I nodded my head and we got quiet, just listening to music and watching as the trees and grass slowly got replaced by dead brown grass almost reaching my hight. Now we are officially outside and there's nowhere we can stop for the next two hours...