68. Date and Place

(Y/N)

"Thank you Mike, hopefully I will not let you down. " I smiled as I stood up and shook his hand.

Yes I knew him for years at this point but we didn't get so close to the point where I could look pass the fact that now he will be my boss.

"Me too (Y/N), from what I've heard you will be excellent for this position."

"Thank you. " I smiled and left after that.

Levi was waiting for me outside the office looking at his phone but he put it away once he saw me.

"So, how did it go? " he asked.

"I got it. " I smiled.

"You did? " I nodded. "That's amazing." he picked me up and span me around, no one else was on the floor right now, the company had closed since it was past three, only Mike and the cleaners were here still.

"I know, " he placed me down. "I mean, let's face it, I'm friends with the boss and you and I've known him for years so that played a big role in me getting the position. "

"No, " he shook his head. "Me, him and Erwin share the same opinion on that, if we didn't think you could do it you wouldn't get hired. Mike would have told you immediately, the fact that you got it means that he believes you are good enough. Him knowing you doesn't mean anything. "

"I hope you're right, I hope I don't disappoint, I'll try my best. " I smiled.

"I know you will. "

"I start next week from what he told me. "

"Yeah, that sounds right. It took me that long as well, Erwin wants to improve on that so it doesn't take as long. " we started walking to leave the company.

"But that didn't happen with you now that you got promoted. "

"Tch, I already work for the company idiot. " he rolled his eyes.

"Right, right. " we exited the building and got to the car.

"Where do I take you? " he asked when we got in.

"The restaurant, I work straight from three thirty to eleven thirty. I hope we'll make it in time. " I said looking at the clock.

"We will, don't worry. " he nodded. "I think I'll also stay for dinner. "

"There's lasagna waiting for you at home if you want. "

"I do, but I think I'll still stay for dinner. Your food won't go waste though, trust me. "

"I do. " I smiled.

-

Both me and Levi were looking at each other as we were in exactly the same position. With a brunette hanging from our side. He just came to pick me up from work and he got tangled in this mess.

Poor guy.

"My little shorty got engaged! I don't believe it! " Hange yelled from Levi's side.

"(Y/N)! Where are you going? Don't leave me! Where will I find a better waiter than you?! " Sasha complained from my side.

"Sasha please, I'll stop in week, I'm sure you can find someone to replace by then. " I smiled at her.

"But I don't want to replace you!!! "

"I'm sorry. "

"(Y/N)!" she dramatically said as she fell to the floor.

"Tch, get up, both of you the floor is dirty. How disgusting! " Levi said and pulled Hange up while Sasha also stood up.