36. Past (3)

(Levi)

I got up from the chair and went back to my room. I was so sick of this. It's been a month since William came back and it's been nothing but trouble. He doesn't allow me to go out of my room because he knows how much I hate it. He leaves guards outside my room so I really can't go anywhere. 

At first he decided to "punish " me for sleeping with his wife by making me clean the whole place but stopped when he realized I enjoyed cleaning. So now I'm stuck here, in this room because he knows I don't like it. I looked out the window, nature had come back to life, that was to be expected it's spring. 

I let out a long, tired sigh and grabbed the one book I had and re-read it. It was small just seventy pages. I spent my time reading it to distract myself from those four walls I've come to hate. When I finished however I still had an hour until dinner, so I cleaned the room, again, because ten times weren't enough. 

The door finally opened and the guards took me to the dining room. When I arrived the two were already sitting and drinking their wine. Alkistis had her head down, I hadn't talked to her since William came back. She didn't look happy. 

I sat down and waited for the food to come. It came and we ate. Wrapped in awkward silence. No words were exchanged, not even a look, nothing. It was awkward and I hatted it but a part of me had gotten used to it. When we finished I got up to leave like usual but William stopped me.

"Alkistis, go to our room, I have something I want to discuss with your lover." she nodded and left with her head still down. 

I glared at him but he just smirked. 

"I'm not her lover, I was paid to sleep with her. " I sat back down. 

"Of course, don't worry there's no need to go through this again, that's not what I want to talk about. " I still glared at him as I waited for him to continue. "As you can guess I've been thinking about a way to punish you for what you've done," this guy is really stupid. "And I think I've finally found how to punish you. "

"Really? And what will you do? " what could he possibly have on me? 

"Me? Nothing. " he played with the glass and smiled. "but the France police will have it's fun with you."

My eyes widen. That's the first time this guy has managed to scare me. He could clearly see my fear and he laughed. If this guy really turns me to the police I'm fucked. I don't want to go to jail.

"So you really don't know? I will have so much fun with you. " he leaned his head on his arm. 

"What don't I know? What are you even talking about? " I knew there was no saving me but I sure as hell was going to try. 

"Oh, why ruin my fun? I'm not going to turn you in yet, just so I can mess with you. But I'm sure people from France will be happy to hear about you. Especially Kenny. " my heart picked up speed. That fucking name. "Or your mom, or the-" I cut him off by slapping my hand on the table. 

"Enough, if you want to call the police do it. " that's the last thing I want but I'd rather that than become his little toy. 

"Don't raise your voice. Take him back to his room. " he said to the guards. "The police will come don't worry, I just don't know when. "

That's the last thing I heard before I was dragged out of the room. I walked back to my room and the door was locked after I entered. The guards were still outside though. I have to leave, I've managed to go three years without them catching me, I won't let a spoiled brat ruin me because I gave his wife what he couldn't. 

I waited until it was dark, for the first time I was happy about my insomnia, I didn't know if he had cameras in my room so I waited until one o'clock in the morning to be safe. I had also slept extra, from nine when I came back until twelve thirty so I was good to go. 

I know they have guards all over the place but I will take the risk. I opened the wardrobe and grabbed a big bag. Inside I put my clean blanket, a change of clothes, some stuff I owned like my diploma, drivers license and some other stuff. I felt bad for leaving, Carla and everyone else were nice and I was leaving without saying goodbye. But I didn't have a choice. 

I'm not going to prison. 

It was now two o'clock and I went out the window. I claimed down the wall, because I was on the second floor, and jumped before I reached the bottom. I walked close to the wall until I reached the back of the house. I could see the trees and only that. It was dark so I have to be careful with my movements. 

It will be hard for them to see me but same goes for me. I slowly walked in the woods and continued at a steady pace. My eyes were open, trying to see if something was moving. I felt a little scared, I didn't want to get lost, I wanted to go back to the city as soon as possible. Suddenly I heard moving and I froze. 

A flashlight was pointed my way. 

"Hey, who are you? " the guard asked. Fuck. Next thing I know I was running for dear life. "Hey, wait!" he was chasing me, no surprise there. 

However I'm a thief and I've been on the run for years. It took me a while but he lost me and better yet I could see the lights of the city. I went back to my normal pace and took steady breathes. I did it. I was out. 

I reached the city but I didn't stop. I kept walking, for two days straight. I was planning to go to the next city, I don't think he will look for me like a maniac. Maybe for a week or two but then he'll stop. He's a busy man.

-

I finally reached the next city, after two days and I laid down on a nice alley to sleep. I was beyond tired and my body was screaming at me to sleep. The sun was down so I didn't have to worry about the sun pissing me off. I sat down and took out my blanket. I laid down and tried to get comfortable. 

But it was hard after sleeping on a nice bed after so long. Plus I finally started filling lonely again. I had gotten used to being around people I could talk to and being alone is something I hated. Ever since I was little. I didn't know them for long but they were the first people I spent time with in years. 

Will they think about me? Will they be sad I left? Probably not and William will most likely lie to them. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. I felt a small tear roll down my face which surprised me. I got rid of it and focused on sleeping. I was officially back on the streets again. 

-----------------------------

I really felt bad for Levi at the end. Imagine being alone for years then meeting people and start forming connections only to lose it out of nowhere. Levi is not a cry baby, he's a human and that's why he reacted the way he did at the end. Just wanted to say this in case some of you though that he was just being weak or something. 

Thoughts?

-Christel.