25. Shelter

(Levi) 

I have been walking around for two hours and it's getting dark outside, not to mention colder. I have been looking for a place for us to stay, like a house similar to the one we lived in but I'm a bit shaken up because of what happened. The police came and I don't want to risk being seen by them. But at the same time I don't want to have (Y/N) back on the streets. 

If it was just me I wouldn't care but because I'm not alone anymore I have to be more careful. I'm also worried about her and her health. She doesn't know about this but at night she is shaking like crazy. Obviously she is asleep so she doesn't feel it but I do because I'm wake and it's really bad. And that's with us in a house. Imagine what it will be like if we are outside. 

After another hour I gave up and went to the one place I didn't want to go. A shelter for homeless people. The reason I don't want to go there is because I can have a better life and I don't want to steal resources from people who actually need it. But I don't have a choice if I don't want my princess to freeze to death. 

I don't even know why I started calling her like that. But I like it. 

I smiled thinking about her and entered the big building in front of me. I placed the suitcases down near the door and went to the desk where a lady was sitting. I cleared my throat and she looked up to me. I felt a bit awkward because of my appearance, I don't look homeless but I am. 

"Can I help you? " she smiled at me. 

"Yes, do you have a room? " what was I supposed to say? 

She looked at me weirdly. 

"Sir, this is a shelter for homeless people not a hotel. Please go and look somewhere else. " she looked back down at the papers on the desk. 

I let out a sigh. It would just be better if explained to her the story. 

"I know it looks weird but... " she looked up to me again. "Can I just explain to you because I am homeless. " I was trying really hard to be nice. I have to make sure I can stay here even if it's just for tonight. 

"I'm guessing you just lost your house and are looking to get a new one. You're not really homeless just go to one of your friends house. " she looked down again. 

I can't! 

"Hear me out. " she looked up again. "Please. " I hate this but for my little princess, anything.

She exhaled from her nose and put her pencil down. She leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms. 

"Fine. Sit. " I nodded and sat on the black chair in front of the desk. 

I started explaining to her our situation. How we just found jobs, how we both have been homeless for years and we don't anywhere to go. I left out many details because it wasn't important for her to know. When I was done she leaned forward placing her hands on top of the desk. 

"What I want is just a bed honestly and a bathroom. You don't need to give us food or blankets we already have that. " I pointed at the suitcases behind me. "Just a bed for us to sleep on." I finished and waited. 

She let out a sigh. 

"You came at a really bad time. It's so cold that we don't have any space left and we are out of blankets. " I looked down. I'll have to look for another place. "But. " I looked up. "We do have this one room. It's really small and has a bed and a small bathroom. No one lives there because we can't warm it. But since you have blankets you can live there. But it's really small and cold. " she answered seriously. 

"At least we won't have to deal with the wind. Thank you. " we both got up and I grabbed both suitcases. 

I followed her down some stairs and she opened a small door. The room was really cold and small. Smaller than the room back at our house. It could barely fit two people and same goes for the bed but it was good. It had a cabinet pressed against the wall and I opened it. Inside I saw four shelves. Perfect.