47. Explosion

(Y/N)

I got off the bus ready to go to work. An hour late because I couldn't be bothered to come earlier. These days we have to wait even longer to get in, I don't know why and no one else does either. All we know is that Hange is the one that opens the cafe since Sasha is on vacation with Connie but she doesn't seem to be doing anything...

But before I could even get near the cafe I started panicking because I was hearing sirens, it smelt like something was burning and a lot of people were gathered around. With difficulty I went through the crowd of people and arrived at the front and I froze. 

Half of the cafe was black and people were still putting out a small fire in the back, where the kitchen was. I saw the others talking close to an ambulance and I went to them. 

"Hey guys, what happened? " I asked them. 

"What happened? We found out why stuff in the kitchen have been breaking for over a month now. " Jean said with his arms crossed, he was clearly pissed. 

"Don't talk like that Jean! She's badly injured. " Crista was quick to defend whoever they were talking about and I got worried. 

"Who-" I was cut off quickly. 

"Look at my Christa being kind to everyone even if they are stupid, how about we get married now that we'll be free from work? " Ymir smiled brightly and put an arm around Christa. 

"Who got injured? What happened? " I asked again. I still didn't know and I was worried. 

"Hange was doing something in the kitchen and it blew up. She got injured and is getting checked up in the ambulance." Mikasa finally answered me and I quickly went to see how she was doing. 

When I saw her sitting there my heart broke a little. She was looking down with her head wrapped in bandages and one of her eyes was also covered. She was wrapped in a blanket and had an IV connected to her.

I walked up to her.

"Hey. " I said softly and she looked up.

"Hi. " she smiled.

"What happened? "

"Nothing much, just blew up half of the cafe... Sasha said everyone gets a paid leave until the damage is fixed. Which will probably take around a month, maybe more... " she looked down again. She seemed tired.

"How did you even do that? " I looked at the cafe.

"Don't wanna talk about it. Can you call Erwin? I have to go to the hospital and I want him there."

"Yes, of course. " I said and moved a bit to the side to make the call. She didn't look good and I don't want to imagine the things Sasha said to her.

I hope she doesn't lose her job... The phone kept ringing but Erwin wasn't answering so instead I called Levi.

"What is it, brat?"

"Can you tell Erwin to come to the cafe? He isn't answering. "

"He's talking with the CEO. Why? What happened? "

"Hange blew up the cafe and she has to go to the hospital. "

"..."

"..."

"... What? "

"Hange is badly injured and has to go to the hospital. " I repeated.

"I don't have time for jokes (Y/N)."

"It's not a joke! Tell him to come to the cafe or the hospital. " I glared at the now black cafe and I realized that the damage was not as bad as I originally thought.