35. House Searching And Play Time

(Y/N)

I was in the kitchen of the shelter cleaning the dishes. These past couple of days have been tough for the people working here so I decided to help them by cleaning the dishes for them. There are a lot, I have been standing here for an hour and I'm still not done. 

Luckily I only have ten more plates and five more cups. As I was cleaning the plate in my hands the door opened and in came a little girl. I've seen her around here playing with other kids but I never actually talked to her. 

She was beautiful, her hair was a mix of red and blonde and her eyes were green. She was holding a little panda bear in her hands and was wearing a nice, white, long sleeve dress. She walked up to me and smiled. 

"Hi." she said and hid her face behind the stuffed animal. 

"Hello. " I smiled back and continued washing. 

"I've seen you living here. What's your name? " she didn't move her head. It was cute.

"My name is (Y/N). You? " I put the clean plate down and grabbed another. 

"People call me Lizzy. " she smiled. 

"That's a nice name, what's his name? " I asked and pointed at the Panda. 

"His name is Fluffy. " she hugged "Fluffy" closer to her. 

"That's a cute name. " I lowered myself a little so I was closer to her. "Nice to meet you Fluffy. " she giggled. "How old are you? " I asked Lizzy. 

"I'm seven. " I put down the plate and grabbed another. 

"What are you doing here? " I asked referring to the kitchen. 

"I'm bored, the others are sleeping and I don't have someone to play with. Fluffy feels the same." she nuzzled him. 

"Ohhh, why aren't you with your parents? " another plate. 

"They're out looking for a job. " she said with a frown. 

"Oh. " I didn't know what to say. 

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. I was thinking of ways I could make her feel better. I couldn't take her outside without her parents knowing and we can't do anything here. Oh, maybe she can play with Noir, plus I have a little unicorn, she will probably like that. 

"Lizzy? " she looked up to me. "Do you like cats? "

"Oh,  yes I love them. They are cute. " she hugged Fluffy.

"Well, if you want you can come to my room when I'm done here and play with my cat." she gasped. "And I think I have a little friend Fluffy will like. " I smiled. 

She started jumping and laughing while thanking me. It was cute. When I finished the dishes she took my hand smiling and I took her to my room. When I opened the door she run up to Noir who was in her box. 

"Oh my God, she's so cute. " she pet Noir and placed her on her lap. "What's her name?"

"Noir. " I smiled and sat on the bed. 

"Hi Noir, this is Fluffy. " she grabbed the stuffed animal and showed it to the cat. "Hi, Noir nice to meet you. Like she said I'm Fluffy and this is Lizzy. " she depend her voice to make it sound male. 

Noir just sat there looking confused. I chuckled and grabbed the unicorn from the other side of the bed. 

"Here you go. " I gave Lizzy the unicorn. 

"Ahhh, thank you!!! " she took it and started playing with Noir and the toys. After a while I started playing with her so she wouldn't be alone. It was fun and a nice way to spend my time.