43. Memories Of France (3)

(Levi)

It had been three days since the events that took place in France. I still couldn't believe that it actually happened. How it happened, someone got murdered in front of me and now I was held responsible for his death. 

I hadn't slept since I arrived here, I couldn't. 

I was sitting in a bench and was reading the newspaper. As I was going through it I saw something that made me freak out. 

'The well known business man Dimo Revees was found dead at his home in France where he went for work. Their murdered still remains unknown, however, at the time the murder the only one, according to the man's schedule, available to commit the crime was Levi Ackerman, who went to discuss a deal with him. 

Furthermore in his car was found the weapon of the murder, a knife with the blood of the victim and the suspects fingertips on it. The fact that the individual has disappeared doesn't help his case. The police have found that he traveled that night to Canada and are looking for him there as well as in France. 

People that came in contact with him are being questioned, like his friends and family members but nothing has come out yet, the authorities hope that they can soon locate the suspect so he can give some light to the situation. '

I had hoped that I'd have a bit more time, but it doesn't look like that's the case. I stood up and started walking. I can't get a house or a job, the police will be on my ass right away. So I only have one choice. 

The streets. 

I wonder what the others are doing... I miss them. 

(Kenny) 

I walked into the office and saw the man that paid me to get rid of that fat idiot. 

"You never said you would blame it on Levi. Idiot. I lost my best employee thanks to you." he said. 

"So what? You'll find another one, so many people are jobless. " I sat down and put my legs on top of his desk. 

Rod stood up and walked to the small table to get a drink. It wasn't my plan to blame it on the brat but it was the perfect opportunity to get in the house unnoticed. 

"Are you sure your man turned off the cameras in the house? " I asked him. 

"Yes I'm sure. No one knows you were there with Levi. "

"Why did you want to kill him? You were gonna make a huge deal with him. "

"Let's just say I did it because he pissed me off in the past. " he smiled after he took a sip and sat on his desk. 

He pulled out a small check book and gave me one with a really good number on it. I smiled. 

"You don't get a bonus because I lost the best employee thanks to you. " he glared at me as I stood up. 

"That's fine. Pleasure doing business with you. " I smirked. 

"Get lost. "

With that I left the office and the building and went to my sisters house to see how she was doing. Ever since the brat left she has been a mess, plus she thinks he killed someone, not the best thing to believe for your child. 

I went up the five steps and opened the door, she had given me a key the day before. I walked in the living room and saw her sitting on the couch crying. That's all she has been doing for these three days. 

I sat next to her and run my hand up and down her back to sooth her. She leaned into me and started crying harder on my shoulder. I didn't like seeing her like that but a part of me also didn't care. 

As long as I don't get caught, I don't care. 

"What did I do wrong? " she sobbed. "I thought I did better. " she kept crying. "I want my little boy back. "

"Shhhhh, you didn't do something wrong. " there was a knock on the door. 

Kuchel stood up. 

"It must be the police. You will talk to them too." she wiped her tears. 

"Of course. " with that she went to open the door. 

This is going to be annoying. 

(Levi)

I don't even know where the hell I am. Two weeks, for two weeks I have been running and getting away from that town. My back hurts from sleeping anywhere I can find, luckily I still have money and they could last me for three months, maybe four if I play it smart.

It was night, around twelve and I really needed to sleep in a bed. I felt like my back would break if I slept on the road for another night. I entered a small motel and went up to the counter. I knew I'd have to show my ID but I really couldn't take it. 

Behind the counter was a small girl, maybe fifteen or sixteen. I asked for a room and she gave me a key. When I gave her my ID she was looking at the name for quite some time, like she was trying to remember something but in the end she just gave up. I paid her and then she started putting my information in a big notebook. 

After a few minutes I was finally in my room. The first thing I did was to go and take a shower. I couldn't handle how dirty I was, I hadn't shower in two weeks and I felt like trash. 

Literally.

After that I put on something comfortable and slept for a few hours in a nice bed. My bones had been blessed. 

-

After changing in some nice clothes I went down the stairs to leave the motel but I saw the police talking to the girl and an older woman, probably her mom. She mast have recognized my name. I quickly went back to my room and looked around.

My eyes landed on the window and I quickly jumped down in the back of the building without hesitation. I started running and didn't stop for an hour. After that I kept walking for the entire day without stopping for any reason. 

The night found me in an alley, I didn't even know where I was. I placed my stuff down and closed my eyes, my body was screaming at me to let it rest. Sleep took over me with just one thought in mind. 

I hate this. 

-------------------------------

Thoughts?

-Christel.