48. Break

(Y/N)

I left the house feeling nervous. Today Levi was going to ask if he could take some time off so we could go on vacation. According to him in his contract it said that he could but it hasn't been that long since he started working.

We'll see.

However, that's not why I'm nervous. I was going to the one place I thought I'd never go back to.

... School.

After my conversation with Levi I decided I'd go and finish it and since now I had time I thought I'd stop by one and see if I could do the necessary paperwork to go back. I really wanted to finish it. After doing some research I found one that also worked at night for all the adults who didn't get to finish school and was also close to my house.

I arrived at the building and looked at it. I felt nostalgic, I could be a student again. I entered the building, which was empty, and went upstairs to find the principal. I arrived at his office and knocked on the already open door.

He looked up.

"Hello. " he said in a deep voice and took off his glasses.

"Hi" I said and I walked in and stood in front of the desk. "I was wondering if you still except students for the new year? "

"Yes, of course. We expect until the end of August. Is it for your child or sibling? " he leaned back on his chair.

"No actually. It's for me. I'd be interested in taking the night classes. " I said not taking my eyes off him.

"Oh, well in that case take a seat and I'll give some papers to fill out. " I nodded and sat down. He went through his drawers and gave me some papers and then he started doing something on his computer.

"How many years did you miss? " he asked not taking him eyes off the screen.

"Just the last one. " I replied.

When I was done he turned his screen to me and asked me to fill some information there as well. Some stuff were normal but other I had no idea what it meant and I had to ask him or call Levi. Because it asked for stuff I didn't have so I used Levi's instead. After almost an hour and after picking my classes I was done.

"Well (Y/N), I'll be seeing you in two months. " he extended his hand for me to shake.

"Thank you mister Darius. " I smiled and after shaking his hand I left.

I still had some time before Levi came home so I went to see how Hange was doing. Since I lived in the city now it wasn't so far away. I arrived at her house and knocked on the door. A very tired looking Hange opened the door. She was probably wearing Erwin's T-shirt because it was too big for her and her eye was still wrapped in bandages.

When she saw me she smiled and hugged me.

"Hi (Y/N)."

"Hi Hange, how are you? " I hugged back.

"My head is killing me but I'm better than this morning. Come in. " She let go of me and entered the house. I followed her. "Do you want something to drink? "

"No, I won't stay long but thank you." I smiled and sat on the couch.

She nodded and sat as well.

"Are you felling okay? "

"Yep, it's just a headache and a few pains here and there on the chest from the smoke but other than that I'm fine. Erwin helps me a lot too, he has become my slave but he doesn't know it." she whispered the last part like she had done something evil and I smiled at her childish behavior.