42. Subtle

Awsten never looked as good in his own clothing. Maybe it was because Geoff's clothes were always too big and so cuddly. Maybe it was just because he knew that they were Geoff's.

His pale blue hoodie that he was wearing the night before was not nearly as appealing as Geoff's, whatever colour it was. He pulled on his boxers and jeans before washing his face with cold water from the tap.

He knew that he was overthinking, too. Geoff hadn't even been distant this morning, he only seemed a little desperate to get Awsten out of the house, there was probably a valid reason to that. Maybe it would be suspicious to his family if Awsten stayed for longer than necessary? He didn't even know what Geoff had told everyone to get them to let him stay overnight, he'd have to ask.

He picked up the clothes that Geoff had let him wear off of the floor and wandered back into the older boy's bedroom, who'd managed to get into different clothes in the time that he was in the bathroom, as well. "You look nice," Awsten smiled while handing Geoff back his small bundle of clothes, he did look nice though, unripped black skinny jeans and a dark  button-up shirt. "Oh-what colour is your sweater?"

"Hmm? Oh. It's yellow," his mind seemed preoccupied. "It's Chloe's favourite." He wasn't even paying any attention to what he was saying by the sound of things, subconsciously taking his sweater and boxers from Awsten, all while being very caught up in a text conversation.

Awsten stared, confused at the older boy who was still looking at his phone. "What has she got anything to do with it?" He sighed with impatience as Geoff ignored him, quickly typing something into his phone and subtly smiling, something was off. "Geoff- fucking look at me."

"Huh?" He flicked his attention away from his phone for a second before turning it off and throwing it onto his bed. "What has who got to do with what?" He furrowed his eyebrows while he tried to study the blonde's face, trying to figure out what was pissing the boy off.

Awsten rolled his eyes. "Chloe." He waited to see if Geoff was listening to him at all before, he mustn't have been. "With your sweater? You said that it was her favourite." He stood and watched the cogs turn in the older boy's head. His eyes flicked away from Geoff's face to his phone on the bed, to the sweater in his hands, back to his face. Phone, sweater, face. "H-Holy fuck. You fucking liar! Y-You're still fucking seeing her, aren't you? Oh my god."

Awsten was going to be sick. He could barely see the expression present in Geoff's face from the cloud of tears that were threatening to spill over his eyelashes. "Awsten, please calm down. Yes, I'm going out to see her, okay? Don't be fucking jealous. She's the last three years of my life. You're, what, a month? Last night was fun. I just don't think that I'm gay. I'm sorry."

His heart was lost in the pit of his stomach and he was trying to control his heaves as to not to throw it up. "Y-You took my f-fucking virginity. You t-took my fucking v-virginity, for what? A n-night of fun?" Awsten didn't care who heard them anymore, he was so fucking mad and it wasn't as if nobody would notice his limp, anyway. "Please, just take me home," his voice suddenly fell to become quiet, cracking with broken sobs that he couldn't contain. "P-Please, I wanna go home now. I wanna go home."

"O-Okay," Geoff went to touch Awsten's shoulder but he thrashed it away, causing Geoff to stumble backwards again. "Awsten, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure things out."

Awsten sniffled, keeping his eye contact strictly anywhere but on Geoff as salty tears rolled down to his neck, stinging the raw skin on his cheeks. "I wanna go home," it was barely audible this time. He knew he should never have come back, never have crawled back just like he said he would. Of course, he ended up doing that. Of fucking course. "I can't. Fucking. Believe you."

He was grateful that Geoff didn't say anything else, he couldn't deal with listening to his voice right now. He'd been manipulated again. The older boy stared at Awsten for a moment, his eyes look genuinely apologetic which only made the smaller boy mad. He followed Geoff out of the bedroom when he'd finally decided to give up on winning the fight today, limping up the staircase as he went up, he really needed to figure out a way to stop that.

"Morning, boys. You're up late," Awsten froze at the sound of Geoff's dad chuckling, he faked a smile in return. "Did you want something to eat before you go, Awsten?" At least he seemed nice, Awsten would have relaxed around him if he wasn't worried about the pain that was very noticeable in his lower back.

"N-No, thank you," he just wanted to go home, he couldn't tolerate having to be around Geoff for much longer. He was already dreading being in a car with him. "Thanks for the offer, though. I-I think I'll just eat when I get home." He already knew that he wouldn't but he'd began to walk as normally as he could towards the door, Geoff following behind him.

He just wanted to go home.