100. Stay Awake

"H-Holy fuck." Geoff ran over to the boy who was laying down on his white carpet, in the middle of a pool of red. "Holy fuck."

Awsten's eyes fluttered open, although he could barely move his neck to look up at the older boy who had just walked into his room. "G-Geoff? Is that you-u?

"Yes, baby. Holy fuck. It's me. Oh, god." Awsten could barely make out what was happening, although he felt Geoff sink to his knees beside his broken body. He felt him push his sweat-coated hair out off of his face. He felt the tears falling from Geoff's cheeks onto his own. "I-It's gonna be okay, y-yeah? I p-promise. It'll all be fine."

Awsten closed his eyes, trying to time his own breathing as he listened to Geoff's, coming out in short little pants. He was panicking. Awsten didn't know why. He opened his eyes again to see Geoff bringing his phone to his ear. Who was he calling? Awsten didn't want anyone else here. "Geoff... n-no."

Silence first, then more panic. "He's hurt! M-My boyfriend!" It was obvious that he was holding back sobs. "I can't calm down! There's so much blood... oh, my god." Geoff cried as he spoke to whoever it was on the phone. If Awsten's brain was working, he'd probably have figured out that the older boy was calling for an ambulance, but Awsten's brain was not working, from lack of blood supply, perhaps. "Yeah, o-okay. Please, hurry."

"G-Geoffy?"

"It's okay, Awsten. You're alright," Geoff whispered as he hung up the phone, even though the dispatcher had told him not to. He was barely able to focus his vision on the bleeding boy from the tears that were clouding it, even though the tears were falling quickly. He held Awsten tightly, looking down at the confused boy as best as he could. "You're safe. You're gonna be okay. You're safe here with me." Geoff could feel the hot tears trailing down his face. He was too late. He knew that.

"Geoff?" Awsten mumbled in confusion, trying to understand. "Why are you c-crying?" Awsten didn't know what was going on. The air around him was stale. His head was too fuzzy to concentrate.

"It's okay, baby. Just relax. I've got you," Geoff leaned down and pressed a kiss to Awsten's lips, the small boy barely having the energy to kiss back. "I never told you this," he whispered, "I love you. I love you so fucking much." He pressed another kiss to the boy's chapped lips, hugging his tiny, shaking body closer to his own.

"Y-You said-d it back-k."

Geoff kissed him again. It was warm. He wanted to kiss back, but with a broken body, his heart was helpless.

Awsten kept silent, lazily staring up at Geoff. "'M tired," he mumbled. "S-So sleepy, Geoffy."

"I know, sweetheart. I know. You have to stay awake, though. For me, okay?" Geoff watched as Awsten shook his head slowly, his eyelids drooping. "Stay awake. Don't do this to me. Don't do this, baby. Stay awake-" Geoff let out a choked sob as he held Awsten's fragile body tighter. The blood that had soaked into the small boy's hoodie was sitting cold against his own skin, sending chills through the older boy's body. "Fuck. Please, don't do this."

"'M sleepy, Geoff," he whispered lazily, his eyes slowly opening and closing as he tried not to fall asleep, laying down partially on his blood-stained carpet and partially in his boyfriend's lap. Everything was moving abnormally slow for him. He didn't understand. The lights on Awsten's ceiling above Geoff flickered, although maybe it was just his vision faltering. He was shivering more now as more of his own hot blood seeped through the material of his pink hoodie. The one that Geoff had given him.

"Stay awake. Stay awake... oh, god." Geoff bit back another sob as his tears started to fall quicker than they already were. Awsten shook his head. "Awsie, baby. P-Please! Come on. Stay awake for me. The ambulance is coming. Keep your eyes open for a bit longer, yeah?"

Awsten tried. He really did, but he'd never wanted to sleep this badly before. He couldn't do it. He couldn't stay awake.

"Come on, sweetheart. Please. I'm right here, baby. Stay with me. Don't do this." Geoff ran one of his hands through the shaking boy's soft hair, pulling him into his chest even further than he had before, not even registering how painful it must have been for Awsten to be held this tightly. "I-If you go to sleep, I-I'm gonna be so mad," Geoff laughed helplessly. He sounded angry. Awsten shook his head again. "Awsten. Awsie, please-"

"-Please don't be mad," Awsten's eyes were shut. He couldn't open them anymore. "I... love you, Geoffy. L-Love you... so much. Goodn-night..." sleep was drowning him like a weighted draft of cold wind. A blanket that was inducing asphyxiation. He was suffocating. He couldn't move. Everything was dark. He wanted to wake up, but he couldn't.

"Awsten?" Geoff whispered as the boy stopped shaking, releasing his grip a little to look at the boy. "A-Awsten," he said, much louder this time. "Awsten! Wake up!"

There was no response.

"Awsten! A-Awsten, please!" He sobbed harshly, pulling the limp boy tightly into his chest, crying into his shoulder. "Wake up. Please. Please!" He was begging. He knew it wasn't going to help. "Oh, god. Please! Fucking please! I need you. I need you so much. I love you. I can't live without you. I can't-" another choked sob cut his words off. He couldn't breathe. "I can't. Wake up. Don't do this. Fucking don't."

He barely heard the sirens getting closer.

It was too late.

They were too late.

Geoff was alone.

Awsten was gone.

He was gone.

- - - - - - - -

End.