Lost Contact

Thursday, 29th March 2021
I went on sortie today. Nothing really happened at the sortie. Just long boring sortie. This time, i avoided getting distracted with analyzation this and that. There was nothing unusual. It was boring, and great. Great that i didn't have to go to battle which would probably get me killed. But while at the sortie, i thought about my plan to interview the guy who claimed to be attacked by friendly fire. I already made questions that i wanted to ask. I also confirmed that he was still alive by asking the admiral before going on sortie. But then, i heard an emergency call. The emergency call came from the base. The base was under attack. The admiral ordered us to return and defend the base. HWS fleet from other base would substitute our patrol shift. My fleet returned to base as soon as possible. But by the time we reached the base, the attack on the base had already finished. The FUO fleet had retreated. The damage the FUO caused was not so much. I think a week of repair or so would be enough. The FUO attacked the makeshift hospital. The makeshift hospital was destroyed, leading to deaths for injured HWS inside it and some doctors were injured and some others were killed. I have no idea why they came to the base just to destroy the makeshift hospital. They had the chance to destroy other buildings. Later on, i talked with James. He said that the FUO came with only 3 FUO ships. They destroyed the makeshift hospital and retreated. Now that is unusual. Several days ago, the FUO attacked without a clear target, and today, they attacked the makeshift hospital then retreated? What for? What made the makeshift hospital important? Why not destroy the factory or the warehourse? The factory helped produce ammunition, so it would make sense to destroy it. The warehouse contains resources such as fuel, ammunition, daily necessities, and medical supplies. And they chose to destroy the makeshift hospital. They are unpredictable sometimes. By the way, i forgot to interview the guy that i planned to interview. I will interview him tomorrow, before i go on sortie again.

Friday, 30th March 2021
Before i went on patrol sortie again today, i went to find for the guy who claimed to have been attacked by friendly fire. I searched for him here and there. But there were no results. I looked for him all over the place. I didn't see him. I asked a few person about his whereabouts. They said they hadn't seen him. I began to think he was killed in yesterday's attack. I looked at the board which listed HWS that died within 30 days recently. His codename was written there. Crap. I prepared to interview someone only to find that he was dead by the time i went to visit him. I guess i should have expected such a thing to happen. The sortie went well. I had an encounter with an FUO fleet escorting a cargo ship. We exchanged fire for a few minutes, then the FUO fleet retreated. Nothing to worry about. But something i saw though. I saw a friendly cargo ship from quite a distance. When i first saw it, i couldn't see it quite well. I thought it was an FUO cargo ship. I sent a drone to look around. I also informed the rest of the fleet that there was a cargo ship at the distance. After the drone got closer, i saw that the cargo ship looked like a friendly cargo ship escorted by a fleet of HWS. Then my drone was suddenly destroyed. I told the rest of the fleet what happened and contacted the cargo ship. I told them that my drone was destroyed just now. I told them to be careful, as there would be FUO around since my drone was destroyed. The escort fleet then apologized to me. They thought my drone was an FUO drone. It sounded reasonable, so i told the fleet what they said, and continued patrol. It was not long before we changed shifts. I came back to the base with minor injury. I didn't need to stay in the makeshift hospital. All i have to do is just visit it once to get medication and then leave. Also, i got suspicious of something. I didn't really think about it, but it bugged me that there was a friendly cargo ship at the north side of the Makassar strait. The admiral was busy, so i told the colonel instead. He said that he would look into it. Huh, what a strange accident.

Saturday, 31st March 2021
Today, i helped the engineers whilst waiting for my injury to heal. I talked with James about some jokes at breaktime. I told him something like "Best friend will never hope anything from you because they know you are hopeless". We were laughing in the midst of a war. Well, there's no way someone can continuously live in a serious life without breaks, is there? While i was talking to James, the colonel came and interrupted our talk. The colonel said that he looked into things about why there was a cargo ship at the north side of Makassar strait. James could understand nothing at the beginning of the explanation. No one ever told him of the latest things i, the admiral, and the colonel was discussing. But as the explanation progress, i also explained what happened, and he began to understand. So, the colonel said that there was supposed to be no friendly cargo ship in the north side of Makassar strait yesterday. He asked me if i was seeing things and had eye problem, or brain problem. I said no. The colonel then asked me whether i had been brainwashed by the FUO. From his intonation, i could tell he meant it as a joke, but i took it too seriously. I said that i couldn't have been brainwashed, since the other HWS in my fleet didn't get brainwashed. The colonel then said that they might have been brainwashed as well. I was about to make a long explanation, but the colonel said that it was actually impossible for the FUO to brainwash. He has already thought about arguments that the FUO couldn't brainwash anyone. James interrupted and said that maybe the cargo ship i saw and the cargo ship the HWS who claimed to be attacked by friendly fire was the same. That got me thinking. That's not impossible. But then why was there a friendly cargo ship there? There's no reason for a cargo ship there. And besides, there's no way anyone would give permission or order a cargo ship to go to the north side of Makassar strait. Even the crew would refuse to do such a thing. Before the discussion ended, the break time had ended. We went back to work. The colonel liked discipline, so he made us work on time. But i still thought of what James said. It may be right, but that doesn't give much of a hint for me about the FUO. Maybe i should look at it in a different perspective.