RUNAWAY

DIANA'S P.O.V

Seriously not in the mood.  Don't ask me.  I don't bother to explain though.  They thought that I was driving them to my house to park the car and then would join the guys' two cars to go to Starbucks.  Yes, I drove them there, going home.  But I wasn't parking the car.

"Sweety, shouldn't you park?"  Ariana asked concernedly.  I know she's worried about me.  She kept on checking me through the rearview mirror.

"I...uh..."  Checking on the most polite way to tell this.  "I think it'd be okay to get the car with us.  I have to go to...uhm...meet the school representative from Miami for...next week's competition..."  Damn.  I can't even trust myself.

"Really?"  Ariana sighed.  "When it will be?"

"After Starbucks."  I smiled.

"Will Tanya be there too?"

"Ari, I'll be okay.  It's just normal team captain meeting.  She can go with me but I think she's tired."  I cleared my throat.  "Alright, shall we go straight to Starbucks?"

"Anything you're comfortable with."  Connor stared at me.

"I'll call Tanya first."  I took off my phone out of my pocket and texted really fastly.  "Done.  Let's go!"

I kept in silence in the car, remained driving.  So not in the mood to even laugh at Ariana's daily jokes.  Not because I didn't love it.  I was kinda emotional right now.  And didn't know the cause, yet not wanting to stop myself.

"I'm taking the orders.  What do you guys want?"  Connor offered himself right before we all climbed out of the car.  I was shutting down the engine so I didn't answer.

"I'll go with you.  My treat."  Ariana answered.

"Nope, that'll be mine."  Connor argued.

"Mine, Connor.  All of you.  My treat."  They're still arguing inside the car at the back seat, leaving me breathless at the driver seat and the frozen Thomas beside me.

"You want the usual, sweetheart?"  Ariana snapped her fingers in front of me.

"I think so."  I murmured.

"I can't hear you."  She noted.  I know she can hear me.  She's just...you know.

"Oh.  Sorry.  Hot vanilla sissy, and thank you."

Ariana squeezed me inside her hug once I closed my door.  I just took a deep breathe on her shoulder, squeezed her back, smiled, and she left me walking up with Thomas to the store.  I wasn't feeling like walking with anybody so I stayed on my position, until Connor walked up with the others.  Thankfully Riley's car was here too.  They're all cheering, got along pretty well.  I looked at Tanya.  She was so happy.  And yeah, I'm happy too for her.  It's the rare moment for me and Tanya though.

"So, it's the hot vanilla."  Connor whispered with his deep voice.

"Oh, you're still here?"  I asked.  Stupid.  I thought he was saying hi to the guys and already left me.

"You spaced out a lot.  Tell me?"

"What to tell you?"  I looked away.

"Everything.  I'm a good listener."

"Nice to know it."

"And I'll be your listener, efective immediately.  So now, rant on me."

"I got nothing to rant you.  But thanks for your kindness."  I tried to smile, still standing by the car side.