ONE SECRET

TANYA'S P.O.V

I kept on walking here and there at this quite hospital corridor.  I seriously hate hospital, you have no idea.  I've been standing alone for 15 minutes now, because Diana was in the check-up room in front of me with Doctor McCain.  I'm nervous about everything.  It's like the sign of a mess life.

"Done."  Diana found me once she opened the room door.

"How was it?"  I asked concernedly.

"I think we can't conclude this too early.  Doctor said that he'll call me tomorrow."  She smiled.

"How bad the Celiac is actually?"  I bowed my head, starting to cry.

"I don't know twin.  But from what I read, I might not be able to consume proteins anymore."  She rubbed my back.  "But I'm okay now."

"Prove me wrong, but we get always protein in any food we usually eat."  I stared at her.  "Is that maen..."

"Yes."  Diana chuckled.  "It'll be really selected or I'll get poisoned by protein.  Funny, and excited, isn't it?"

"Diana..."

"Hey Tanya.  Ssh...it's all good.  I'm ready for Celiac.  I'm done crying.  If that will happen, so be it."  She smiled genuinely.

"What about your parents?  Ariana?"  We spoke as we were walking to the parking lot.

"They don't need to know.  It's a piece of cake."  She took the car key from her bag.

"Piece of cake?  You're dying!"  I shouted.

"Isn't it good?  I have a solid reason to think that I'm gonna meet my parents without committing suicide."  Diana slowly drove us to the nearest Starbucks.

"It's not like that, Dee.  Everybody wants you to be alive.  You can't leave me either.  You can't..."  I pulled my knees against my chest.  Look.  My best friend is possibly dying right now.

"Death wouldn't be so hard, baby.  I'm not scared anymore." 

"Can we stop?  Can you stop talking about death?  You're not gonna die anytime soon.  None of us would."  I swept away my tears.

"Okay."  She sighed.  "It's just we have to be ready for that too."

"Diana!"  I finally felt too dizzy.

"Alright."  She smiled.  "We're here."

We stopped talking and soon walked up to the store.  Diana and I stayed in silence.  But I got like thousand of things in my head.  First, if Diana got Celiac disease, means this would be the last Starbucks time for her.  Second, you know protein.  It's in everything.  Milk, breads, coffees, cereals, meats, chees, burgers, you name it.  You name it.  That's why I'm freaking out.  She'll not be able to eat anything, really soon.  After all, how could she make it?

"Don't you think at least Riley or Toby should know about your...feeling for Connor?"  I murmured.

"Never ever think about it.  Tanya, I'm a fan.  Just a normal fan.  I'm like the one in the gigantic crowd.  I wouldn't be able to make it, no matter what."  She rushed to answer me.

"You would regret it if we didn't tell them, Dee."  I convinced her.  "Give it to me.  I'll speak to Riley.  He's the wisest."

"No!  No, that's not possible.  Never."  She shook her head.

"Then now what?"  I sighed.

"Tomorrow's basket tournament.  That's now what."  Diana sipped her hot chocolate.