Chapter 57

Lilith's POV

I stand next to Blondie because I threw all the knives he handed to me, they always hit the center. Despite how hard I tried they always hit the center. I watch as the other recruits miss the targets. From the corner of my eye I see Blondie glare at me.

“Hey, Vivian.” Says Deimos as he approaches me.

“Hey.”

“How did you throw those knives and hit the target every time?” Deimos asks and I shrug, not really knowing what to say.

“I have no idea.”

“What's your favorite color?” Asks Deimos, Changing the topic.

“Crimson red.” I say with a shrug and he raises his eyebrows.

“Interesting, you look more like a girl who would like purple.”

I roll my eyes. “What makes you think that?” He shrugs avoiding my question.

“What's yours?” I ask, changing the topic

“Navy Blue.”

“You don't look like someone who would like Navy Blue.” I say mocking him slightly. He rolls his eyes at me.

“Listen up you, Failed abortions! Your training is dismissed into further notice!” Blondie Barks before I look around notice that right after he said that, they practically run out. I calmly follow behind them.

“You have to go out and steal things you need.” Crimson inform as I walk into the bunkhouse.

“I agree, but when?”

“In a couple hours.” Crimson says and I sit on my cot.

“Alright.” I lay back onto the cot and close my eyes before falling into a peaceful.

I shove my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants as I walk down the sidewalk with stores on my left and a few across the street.

“Go to a convenience store and get some contact solution and something to hold the contacts in.”

“That was the plan.” I say as I push the door into a rite aid.

“Don't act suspicious.”

I glance at the cashier and I force a smile on my face.

“How are you?” The cashier asks with a smile

“Very well, thank you.” I return the smile before I walk towards the isle that I assume Has the contact solution and such.

I walk back up to the counter with foundation in my hand, I shoved contact solution, contact container, and the same foundation I have in my hand.

“How much is this?” I ask as I set the foundation on the counter.

She picks it up and observes it. “4.99.”

I smile at her, “Thank you, I will be back later to buy one.”

The lady smiles at me, “You're welcome.”

I shove my hands into my pockets before walking out. I quickly walk down the sidewalk before stopping in front of a small grocery shop.

“Take something small for now.”  Crimson says and I nod before pushing the door open. The bell above rings and the owner looks at me, an elderly man with grey hair and cold blue eyes.

“Welcome to Sheryl's” The old man says before going back to reading His newspaper. I walk to the produce section and look at everything. I pick up an apple before putting back and grabbing another.