47

"Ash, I really don't wanna leave." Calum pouted as he stared sadly into Ashton's eyes.

Ashton brought the boy in for a tight hug, smiling fondly. "I know, baby. I don't want you to leave either."

"I'm gonna miss you." Calum whispered into Ashton's hoodie, still clinging to the older lads waist.

"I'll miss you too, angel."

This morning had gone by much too quickly, in both Calum's and Ashton's opinion. They had refused to get out of bed for a long time, which meant they had less time to shower and ended up showering together (they didn't really mind, because they got to wash each others hair and share soft kisses under the water).

Truthfully, Calum was glad that nothing else had happened in the shower between them. He loved being Ashton's baby boy, but he also loved just being Ashton's baby. Where he got to be hugged and kissed and showered with compliments instead of being fucked so hard he couldn't move. (He loved that too, but that was beside the point.)

He loved how when Ashton just held him, everything was okay. He loved how when Ashton kissed him, the world seemed to disappear. He loved that when Ashton complimented him, he didn't have any trouble believing it. He loved how comforting it was to have Ashton's arms around his waist, or Ashton's hands in his hair. He knew he was so lucky to have him, and he never wanted to let go.

But because of the sweet kisses and mumbled compliments in the shower while they washed each others bodies, they hardly had time for breakfast. And because of the endeavours the night before (which had lasted many hours and resulted in both hardly being able to move), Calum had to rush to pack quite a bit of his stuff in the morning.

Calum simply sighed and buried his face in Ashton's chest, inhaling the mans scent. It was so comforting, and Calum didn't think he could let go. His hands still clinging to the older lads hips, he felt tears form in his eyes. He felt stupid for crying, but he could tell that he wasn't the only sad one.

Ashton's arms were tight (but not painfully so) around his neck, playing with his raven-coloured curls. He didn't want to let his angel go, he didn't know what to do with himself if he didn't have Calum to take care of.

If he didn't have Calum there to cuddle with him, he didn't think he could fall asleep. If his baby boy wasn't there to be fed, Ashton probably wouldn't eat at all. If Calum wasn't there to be spoiled and pampered and treated like the precious little prince he was, Ashton wasn't sure he would take care of himself. Calum was his reason for doing everything; Calum was the reason he hadn't given up yet.

Calum didn't want to go back. Nowhere felt like home if it wasn't with Ashton. He made him feel safe and cared for and special. Calum liked feeling those things. He liked feeling worth it and admired, and he liked being smiled at for no reason and kissed like there was no one watching. He liked waking up at 3am to find a strong pair of arms around his waist and to know that he wasn't alone anymore.

He loved how Ashton didn't talk down to him; he loved being treated like an equal, not an idiot. He loved the long, meaningful conversations about anything and everything; he loved the silences between them where they could just hold each other and everything would be fine.

Calum tried to silence his thoughts and temporarily block out the memories that were bringing tears to his eyes. He slowly lifted his face from Ashton's sturdy chest, staring into his pretty eyes. He had to pull away, because if he didn't, he probably wouldn't ever.

Ashton cupped the boy's chubby cheeks in his large hands. "Promise that you'll text whenever you need something. I don't care what you need or what time it is, I'll answer."