SECRETS AND DENIAL PART 3

Jasmine:" You're serious?

Cardo:" Why not? Give it a chance."

Jasmine:" I'd love to!"

Eli:" T, I don't think this was such a good idea. I think we might have ruined whatever they had going on."

T:" Don't you think I know that! Eli what am I going to do now?"

He pulls her in for a hug as she begins to cry.

Eli:" My advice? Let them figure this out on their own. Maybe we should have left them alone. Cardo is a good guy, he won't hurt Jay. Give him time."

T:" I hope so. I'm going to go check up on Jay."

Eli:" I should check up on Cardo. Call me if you need me okay?"

T:" Yeah."

He kisses her and she leaves. Eli joins the party and sees him dancing with Jasmine.

Eli:" Excuse me jazz but can I steal him for a minute?"

Jasmine:" Don't be too long we have a date tomorrow!"

Eli grabs Cardo's arm.

Cardo:" Hey man thank you for setting me up with her. Seems like a nice girl. I mean that is what you wanted right?"

Eli:" Man what are you doing?"

Cardo:" What are you talking about?"

Eli:" Dude what happened between you and Jay. I'm your best friend, No judgment here."

Cardo sits down by the pool and Eli joins him.

Cardo sighs.

Cardo:" This is where we had our first conversation. It was this connection I haven't felt with anyone else. It scared me, man. It kinda just happened. He kissed me and -"

Eli:" You guys kissed?"

Cardo:" You are so dumb. For someone who listened to our whole conversation, you don't know? We had sex, Eli. Now I'm confused."

Eli:" Well how does Jay make you feel?"

Cardo:" Good man. Safe."

Eli:" Then why are you pushing him away?"

Cardo:" BECAUSE of you."

Eli:" Me? Man what do I have to do with anything?"

Cardo:" I thought you wouldn't want to be my best friend if I started to date-"

Eli:" Jaylin. Man, I just want you to be happy. I don't care who you date. Are you going to try to make it up to Jay?"

Cardo:" Man he wants nothing to do with me."

Eli:" That's not true. Cardo you should see the way he looks at you, he adores you."

Cardo:" Then why am I getting it wrong? I feel like I'm just hurting him."

Eli:" Maybe you need to find out what you want. It takes times to figure things out. Look man I always have your back."

Cardo smiles and they do their handshake.

Eli:" So what's the deal with Jasmine?"

Cardo:" That's how I'm going to make up my mind."

Eli:" So you think going on a date with Jasmine is going to help you decide what you want?"

Cardo:" I think so."

Eli:" Dude I think you already know what you want. You're just scared. Look I'm going to go back to the party. Oh and one last thing don't ever lie to me again."