I THINK I LIKE YOU

Two weeks had pasted and no one had heard one word from Jay and people were starting to get nervous.

T was sitting on her bed. She had the worst case scenarios running through her head. What if Jay got kidnapped? What if he ran off to another country? This wasn't like Jay to just run off and not say anything.  T knew she had to do something so, the only idea she had in her head  was to go to Jay's house.  She was  even nervous to even to do that. What if Jay was upset with her for not checking up on him? She decided to go away.

JAY'S HOUSE

There is bowls on vanilla ice cream and popcorn on the coffee table. Jay has Mean Girls on in the background. He was sleep on the couch when he hears the doorbell.

Jay:" Now who could that be?"

Jay opens the door and T notice that he had been crying. She goes to hug him but Jay rejects it.

Jay:" Don't."

T:" Oh my god Jay! I've been so worried about you. I have tried texting you, calling you. You haven't been answering any of my calls why?"

Jay:" Sorry I didn't hug you I smell."

T:" I don't care about you smelling I miss my best friend. Can you explain to me why no one has heard of you in two weeks? And why did you not fill me in after that sleepover with Cardo?

Jay:" That happened? Oh yeah."

T grabs Jay and closes the door and they both sit on the couch. She looks around his apartment and notices the empty ice cream containers and popcorn bags. She hits Jay on his arm.

T:" Jay! This place is a mess."

Jay:" I'm a mess, T."

T:" Want to talk about it?"

Jay:" Not really."

T:" It will make you feel better in the end to talk about it."

Jay pretends he doesn't hear her. She hits him again and turns off the tv.

Jay:" Listen, honey. You have one last time to hit me!"

T:" Kick me out I don't care. I just want to know what is going on which you. Is that a crime?"

Jay:" Why do you want to know so bad?"

T:" Oh I don't know maybe because no one has heard from you in weeks. Plus I love you. Please Jay tell me something...anything?"

Jay:" Fine. I had the sleepover and Cardo's and we had hung out earlier that day. Everything was going so well until I hugged him."

T:" What does a hug have to do with anything?"

Jay:" Let me finish. In that moment I wanted to kiss him and for a split second it felt like he did too."

T:" Are you sure you aren't imagining this?"

Jay:" Way to boost my confidence. Some friend."

T:" I'm sorry. Continue."

Jay:" And his friend Eli had came down and his whole mood changed. He was fine when he first met but it was like he had gotten jealous or something.  I went to hug Cardo and let him go and he pulled me back."

T:" Why were you guys hugging in the first place? If you don't mind me asking?"

Jay:" I don't know if I should say. But I did tell Cardo that I tell you everything so I guess it's ok. He drove me to his girlfriend's house."

T:" Oh he was serious when he said he wanted you to meet her? I thought that was a joke."

The way she had said that made Jay laugh and T smile.