NEW PERSON

Jessica is sitting on her floor as she burns the old photos of her and Cardo.

Eli knocks on her door.

Jess:"Come in."

Eli:"Thanks for the other night it really helped."

Jess:"I'm glad. I'm just happy your not making the same mistakes as me."

Eli looks down because he knows everything he is telling her is a lie.

Eli:"Jess are you okay?"

Jess:"Yeah are you okay?"

Eli:"Just checking up on you. You seem lonely."

Jess:"You can help me burn these pictures of my ex if you want."

Eli comes in and helps.

Jess:"So many memories. He was my first love you know."

Eli:"I didn't."

Jess:"Yeah but I fucked that up."

Eli:"What happened to you?"

Jess:"You really want to know don't you?"

Eli:"I'm just trying to understand you."

Jess:"Understand me? No one has tired to understand me before."

Jess bites her lip as she looks at Eli. She rubs her head.

Jess:"When I was little I used to be a huge daddy's girl. He was my world I used to think he was an angel since from heaven."

Eli:"What happened?"

Jess:"On my sixth birthday party my dad's present to me was raping me until I bleed. I just laid there scared. I tired telling my mother but she didn't believe me. This continued for a year. He ended up leaving and I tired telling my mom again. Nobody cried nobody even noticed how broken I was. I started to have abandonment issues. I wanted to build an army to protect myself from scary monsters like my dad. I guess when I met Cardo he was the father figure I desperately craved. I think I got a little obsessed. But I messed that up. I think its because I don't know how to except true love. So I ruined the one good thing in my life. I was afraid he would hurt me not knowing that he would never hurt me. But its too late now. He found someone who treats him the way he deserves to be treated and one day I will too. Eli I know life is hard but forgiveness is the key to growth."

Eli:"I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank you for sharing. I see how you are trying to change."

Jes:"I'm trying to give myself a chance to be happy. You should too. And Eli thanks for listening to only other person who knows is Jasmine."

Eli smiles and Jasmine is crushing.

Did you like this chapter? Leave your comments and rate!