GROWING PAINS

Jay wakes up to the sound of a smoothie machine downstairs. He gets annoyed because he has a lot of work to do that day. He gets out of bed and heads downstairs.

Jay:"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Cardo:"I was going to surprise you with breakfast in bed, what's the problem?"

Jay:"What's the problem is your making too much damn noise and I need my beauty sleep. Can you be a little less loud next time?"

Cardo:"You know what I have some things I don't like about you either."

Jay:"Like what?"

Cardo:"You eat so damn loud and you changed my whole apartment around, I didn't ask for it to look this way!"

Jay:"I thought you liked the way this apartment looked?"

Cardo:"Well I lied.  And you use up all the hot water and take too long to get dressed."

Jay:"How come you didn't talk to me about these things earlier so we can avoid arguing?"

Cardo:"Because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

Jay:"You know what hurts the most? We went shopping together and I am just now finding out that you don't like your apartment. I thought it was our apartment but I guess I was wrong."

Jay starts to cry.

Cardo:" Babe-"

Jay:"Don't."

Cardo:"Jay."

Jay:"I have to go to work."

Cardo:"Shit."

Jasmine Apartment

Jasmine phone rings and its T. She doesn't know if she should answer or not but she decided to anyway.

J- Hey T...

T- Hey Jasmine. You haven't been talking to me lately. Did I do something wrong?

J- I don't think your taking this relationship seriously.

T- What are you talking about? I am falling for you and you are pushing me away.

J- I don't want to get hurt T.

T- I'm not going to hurt you.

J- Oscar.

T- I thought you got over that.

J- I have.

T- Then what's the problem?

J- I'm afraid you are going to hurt me again.

T- If you would let me in you will know that I don't plan on hurting you again.

J- T.

T- The only one hurt us is you because your shutting me out. Look I know I messed up before but if we are going to work out you need to forgive me because if you can't I don't think we can work out.

J- I don't want to lose you.

T- Neither do I but how am I supposed to love you when you keep pushing me away. This is the realest thing I have ever felt in my entire life. Please don't push me away.

J- I'm sorry but I need some space.

T- Jas.

J- I'm sorry.

Jay gets back from work and sees Cardo on his phone in the living room. He feels bad for how he felt earlier and wanted to talk to him about it. Jay sits by Cardo on the couch.

Cardo:"How was your day?"

Jay:"Awful."

Cardo:"Why?"

Jay:"Because I made the love of my life upset over stupid shit that doesn't matter."

Cardo:"Don't beat yourself up. I made my boyfriend angry making our place not seem like our place."

Jay plays with Cardo's shirt.

Jay:"I was thinking... this was your apartment not ours."

Cardo:"But we both live here."

Jay:"I know. But if we are going to grow together we need a place together. Something fresh...ours."

Cardo:"Like a new apartment?"

Jay:"Yeah somewhere deeper downtown. But a safe area. Somewhere we both like. Our place. Our home. Let's buy a apartment together if we stay here we are only going to tear each other apart."

Cardo pulls Jay on his lap.

Cardo:"Are you sure about this?"

Jay:"I think it will be good for us plus new bed... and we will have to break it in."

Cardo:"True, so I guess we are moving."

Jay:"Really?"

Cardo:"If its going to make us stronger why not?"

Jay:"I love you, you know that?"

Cardo:"I love you to. Now about break this new bed in I think we need some practice."

Jay:"You do seem stressed. Maybe I should help with that."

Jay leans down to kiss Cardo. Cardo picks Jay up as we walks upstairs towards the bedroom.

Did you enjoy this chapter? Leave your comments and rate!