PEACHES AND SHADOWS

Cardo smiles when he sees Jay at his front door. He opens it and pulls Jay in for a kiss. He wanted to work on their relationship and make it stronger it was time to talk things out.

Jay:"Hey Cardo.."

Jay sighs and sits down on the couch with distance between them.

Cardo:"Why do you sound so sad?"

Jay:"What is going on between us? We have been having trust issues over nothing and you are having a hard time opening up! I'm just trying to understand where we stand. We have been playing all lovely around our friends but when it's just us we have problems."

Cardo takes Jay's hand.

Cardo:"I'm sorry about the trust issues my last relationship really messed me up. I'm building trust with you, it's just taking time."

Jay:"What is there to figure out? What have I done to not make you trust me?"

Cardo:"Well to start the whole Kevin situation-"

Jay:"You're still hung up on that? You are the only guy I love, the only one I have my eyes on. Why are you worried about a guy I'm not even interested in?"

Cardo:"Because he likes you. Did you forget that he kidnapped you?!?"

Jay gets mad.

Jay:"Ouch, what happened to forgiveness Cardo? You can't be mad at him forever. He had to save his family why are you still upset?"

Cardo:"Because he wants to be more then just friends."

Jay:"Well guess what he can't have me. You know why?"

Cardo:"Why?"

Jay:"Because one he's not my type, two I have everything I need in you right here. Why would I throw that away. You don't have anything to worry about with Kevin or me. I'm yours and you are mines. But I am still going to be friends with him. Your not jealous are you?"

Cardo:"I'll try not to but, don't come running to me when I was right."

Jay moves to sit on his lap.

Jay:"Even if you are right he doesn't stand a chance, I have the hottest guy in the world and he's all mines."

They both smile as Jay kisses him they fall back on the couch. Jay gets up to go to the bathroom.

Jay:"I'll be right back."

Cardo:"Don't take too long."

As Jay leaves his phone buzzes it was a text from the mental institution Jessica was taken too. Cardo was just about to fix things with Jay and this had to happen right now. He reads the text.

Jessica* Hey I'm sorry about how things ended. I know you probably hate me but can you visit sometime so we can have closure and finally close this door between us?

Cardo* Why should I come see you after you tried to killed my boyfriend?

Jessica* My counselor said that it's a step towards my recovery. Please come visit and I will leave you alone. I had no idea I was bi-polar. I have so much to apologize for.

Cardo* You know you almost sound like the Jessica I fell in love with.

Jessica* So there's still a chance?

Cardo* No.

Jessica* Are you going to visit...?

Cardo* I'll think about it. I have to go. Take care of yourself.

Jay sees Cardo texting.

Jay:"Who was that?"

Cardo:"Nobody now bring you sexy ass over here."