THE BALL'S IN YOUR COURT

Jay gets out his phone and calls T.

T:" Hello Jay. How was your day love?"

Jay:" Don't hey Jay me! You ruined everything!"

T:" Ruined  everything I'm not following."

Jay:" Don't try to act all high and mighty! I know you went to see Cardo."

T:" You have no proof."

Jay:" T, ARE YOU DUMB? Cardo told me you went to see him! I'm not stupid. Why did you send him my way?"

T:" Because you were in a funk and he needed to know anyway. Look Jay I did you a favor. It's off your chest now, happy?"

Jay:" Sort of but that's besides the point. T, he told me about his girlfriend, he already knew she was cheating."

T:" Well damn. I told you she was a hoe! What else happened?"

Jay:" I told him my feelings. Well kind of?"

T:" Kind of? What do you mean kind of?"

Jay:" He kept telling me that everyone was telling him that I liked him."

T:" And what did you say?"

Jay:" So what do you want me to do about it?"

T:" Oh Jay, that sounds so seductive. What has gotten into you?"

Jay:" It was supposed to be Cardo."

T:" What did you say?"

Jay: Nothing. Anyway I kissed him thinking he would back away or get upset but he didn't."

T:" Did he kiss back?"

Jay:" The second time he did."

T:" SECOND TIME? Jay how much did you kiss?"

Jay:" A little make out session that's all. Nothing more, nothing less."

T:" Was there touching..?"

Jay:" I'm mad at you, and that's none of your business. Why am I telling you all this information?"

T:" Because your my best friend."

ELI IN THE BACKGROUND

T, COME ON BABY YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE BATHROOM FOR ALMOST A HOUR!

Jay:" Baby?"

T:" Uh, about that..."

Jay:" And we're best friends let I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE STILL SLEEPING WITH ELI!"

T:" Jay. Look I can explain."

Jay:" And you want all the details on me and Cardo's life. If your hiding this from me what else are you hiding?"

T:" Jay-"

Jay:" No. What happened to us telling each other everything? You're full of shit you know that? Do you know that all the events involving Cardo I didn't want to tell you but since you were my best friend I told you anyway? I would have wanted the same respect back. Out of all the people in my life you were the one person I thought I could confine in. "

T:" Jay I'm sor-"

Jay:" Normally I'm joking when I call you a hoe but this time I meant it. Don't call me, don't text me. Leave me the hell alone."

Jay hangs up the phone and cries again. He had felt betrayed by his best friend and future boyfriend. His phone buzzed and it was Cardo.

C*Jay I'm sorry about earlier ok?

J* If you didn't want me to kiss you then you shouldn't have let me!

C* I did want you to kiss me!

J* Then what's the problem?

C* I'm not gay, J.

J* You don't have to be gay to date me.

C* I don't know what I want but I don't want to stop hanging out with you.

J* Can you come over?

C* But I was just over there and you kicked me out!

J* You don't want to hang out with me? I know you want to.

C* Are you flirting with me?

J* No. I just want to cuddle and watch Netflix... as friends.

C* Cuddling as friends?

J* We can have a special relationship.

C* Are you sure you want me to come over?

J* Look, come over don't come over...I'll be here.

C* I don't know.

J* Your lost. 

Jay closes the phone and gets in shower. 15 minutes past and he gets out when he hears the doorbell. He wraps a towel around his waist and opens the door.

Jay:" I'm coming."

He opens the door and Cardo is looking Jay up and down. He sees that Jay's hair is curly and that he had just gotten out the shower.

Jay:" What are you doing here?"

Cardo:" You invited me, remember?"

Jay: "It's cold outside come in. I don't want you to get sick."

Cardo comes in.

Jay:" I'm going to put some clothes on. Make yourself comfortable."

Cardo grabs Jay and pulls him back to him. Cardo lifts Jay's head to his and almost pulls their lips together.

Jay:" What are you doing?"

Cardo:" About to kiss you?"

Jay:" You can't do that."

Cardo:" Why not?"

Jay:" Friends don't kiss each other. Plus you don't know what you want. You can't have me. Guys who don't know what they want aren't my type."

Cardo:" It's like that now?"

Jay:" Yeah it's like that. I only let my boyfriend kiss me."

Cardo:"Jay stop teasing me."

Jay:" And stop playing with my feelings."

Jay walks away from Cardo and heads towards the stairs. He looks at Cardo.

Jay:"The balls in your court Cardo."

Jay says that and then looks back at Cardo as he drops his towel. He looks back at Cardo bites his lip and smiles while continuing  to walk up.

Jay:" Don't bother following me, you're not  allowed up."

Cardo just looks at Jay up and down.

Cardo:" Damn."