Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s POV

Gaku-nii crossed his feet on the table, his hands behind his head. Paying no mind to my surroundings as I paced back and forth in the lounge room, I angrily reminisced about father's unfair treatment.

The cleanly polished floor tiles would no doubt gleam with my footprints. Ominously sharing my pain, the small potted plants seemed to grow faces of their own as their petals frowned and swayed every so slightly to the soft breeze.

Noticing a shadow in the corner of my eye, I quickly looked up, narrowly avoiding the kitchen counter as I swerved around it. Yet preventing such contact did not necessarily end my act of clumsiness.

Eyes widening, I stumbled into Tenn, who caught me in his arms as he steadied himself. I smiled apologetically as he sighed, letting me stand on my own.

"Sorry."
"What were you thinking about? You usually aren't so clumsy," he exclaimed.
"My idiotic father."
"Oh of course."
"She's been like that ever since we came home," Gaku-nii informed.

Trigger's (fave song by them) played as my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was an unknown number.

"Hello, (L/n) (Y/n) speaking."
"(Y/n), this is Tsumugi. I got your number from Banri-san. I'm just calling to tell you that everyone passed."
"Eh?! That's great! But how...?"
"My dad was just testing me. He really wasn't going to cut four of them off."
"*chuckles* Well, congrats I guess."
"Are you finished with your other job? I already told the boys. We're going to decide their group name now. Are you able to come?"
"Sure, I'll see you soon."
"Great, bye."
"Bye."

I hung up and saved her number. Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I went to the entrance and pulled my sneakers on. Suddenly, Gaku-nii opened the door and walked out as I stared in confusion.

"I'll drop you off," he said as soon as I caught up to him.
"Really? I can just take the bus."
"I'm not asking whether you want to or not. Where are you going?"
"*smiles* Takanashi Productions."

~When you arrive~

We sat in a circle on the floor as each member dropped suggestions, although some were more jokes than serious recommendations. I smiled as they argued with each other about the best name.

"Oh, that reminds me. You were dropped off by someone, right?" asked Mitsuki.
"Yeah, my brother gave me a ride."
"You have a brother? Must be nice," exclaimed Riku.
"Do you have any siblings?"
"Y-yeah, I guess you could say I do," he replied.

His tone stopped me from prying further. The sorrow reflected in his gleaming eyes seemed to flick a switch inside me. Why did they seem so familiar? Where did I see those eyes, that feeling, before?

"Your brother's car looked really cool. Is he rich?" Mitsuki asked, casually changing the subject.
"*laughs* He's just an average citizen."
"(Y/n)-chan, I'm hungry," Tamaki complained.
"Alright, it's almost dinner time. Shall we go grab something to eat? It's on me."
"Okay, let's go-"
"Wait, Yotsuba-san. (L/n)-san, are you sure about paying? We're-"
"Iori, it's fine."

I flashed a grin towards the boys. They hesitantly took up the offer, leaving the room one by one after thanking me. Tsumugi was the last to leave before me, asking me about ideas for their group name.

"It'll be better to ask them when we're eating. It'll be more enjoyable then, don't you think?"
"Yeah, you're right. Thanks," she replied with a smile.

Surreptitiously grabbing my phone, I quickly sent a text to Gaku-nii, asking where he was. His reply was swift, short yet I found a small smile creep onto my face as I read the message.

You coming to granddad's soba place? I'll see you there ~Gaku

Rushing after the group, I caught up to Iori, who was walking slightly behind the others. The boys happily chatted away with Tsumugi, their carefree attitudes melting worries within the ones around them.

"Where are we going?" Yamato asked.
"I'll lead the way."

I walked to the front, taking this time to gaze upon the stars. Mother also lived under the same sky...yet why did it feel as if... I dispelled the negative thoughts before it could seep through my facade.

Wishing upon a star was simply a myth. I had tried numerous times to rebel against father but to no vail. I had failed to fight for my wishes. I had no right to help Trigger or these boys.

Iori placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him, cocking my head slightly. He evaded my gaze, looking the other way instead. A short eruption of giggles escaped my mouth before I could stop them.

"You came here because I seemed lonely, right?"
"I-I was just making sure you weren't daydreaming," he replied hastily.
"...thank you."

This time, he did look. He met my gaze with a gentleness that I didn't know he had. Smiling softly, I brushed off his cautious question, careful not to reveal anything that may lead to him finding out the truth.

"What are you two talking about?" Riku asked, a smirk on his face.
"Seems like you have the wrong idea. What about you? You and Nagi were awfully clingy around Tsumugi."
"E-eh? We were not!"
"Oh? What a strong denial."
"(Y/n), stop twisting it around," he whined.
"Riku, they're just words."
"Hmph."

I heard a quiet chuckle from beside me. Iori blushed as we stared at him, clearing his throat as we did so. Riku and I burst out into laughter, no doubt catching the others' attention.

"We're here."

I led them inside, noticing Gaku-nii in the kitchen. He met my playful eyes, a sigh escaping his lips. Taking a seat next to Tsumugi, I grinned cheekily as the others talked about the delicious dishes on the menu.

A shadow fell over the table we had chosen. Lights, camera, action! Gaku-nii's irritation showed but for a split second before a casual smile replaced it.

"Have you decided on your orders?" he asked.
"Trigger's Yaotome Gaku?!"