Chapter 46

(Y/n)'s POV

While IDOLiSH7 were on a lunch break, I slipped out of the recording studio and headed to the lobby of the company building. Putting the phone to my ear, I waited and waited. Beep, beep, beep. No answer.

The news on the internet flashed before my eyes once more. 'Famous Actress (L/n) (M/n) Hospitalised?!' written in big, bold letters. There were many vague answers to the questions many people had asked. All details were strictly blocked and managed by Mr Anderson's company.

I slid down on a bench outside under the cloudy sky. Tears stung hot but I refused to cry. The situation was still unclear. I couldn't assume anything.

A shadow fell over me. Looking up was my mistake. Tamaki's nonchalant gaze sharpened ever so slightly upon noticing my puffy eyes. I immediately looked away, forcing the tears away as he hesitantly sat next to me.

"Why're you crying?"
"I wasn't crying."
"You're so stubborn."
"So are you."

A brotherly warmth engulfed me as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me against his chest. I stifled a sob and instead, focused on the rise and fall of his chest.

"What happened?" he asked softly.
"...I'm sorry, I can't..."
"Is it another secret you have to keep?"
"Yeah..."

I felt his grip tighten around my petite frame. A sudden vibration in my hand made me look at my phone as relief washed over me. Tears brimmed my eyes once more but I didn't care anymore. A single tear slid down my cheek.

Isaac: Mum's fine. She just fainted from stress. Sorry I couldn't answer before. Too busy dealing with the media.

I sent a simple reply before tensing slightly as Tamaki wiped my tear away with his thumb. He suddenly said a quick hey as someone approached us.

Iori met my somewhat teary gaze as I struggled to sit up, but Tamaki's arm was firmly keeping me in his grasp. I...didn't want him to misunderstand. I didn't even know how he felt about me, but I couldn't stand the hurt that had flashed like lightning in his now indifferent gaze.

"We have to go film some more. Our break's over," he exclaimed.
"Right."

Tamaki released me, sending me a look of concern before walking away. Iori subtly refused to meet my eyes, making my heart feel all the more heavier.

I managed a small smile as an attempt to lighten the mood, but his ever-present sharpness remained. Holding back a sigh, I found that my feet had already started moving of their own accord, eager to escape.

His fingers wrapped around my wrist, startling me as I was pulled back. My back hit his chest as I struggled to keep upright but he didn't seem to mind nor care about my flustered state.

"Were you crying?" he asked.
"...yeah..."
"What for?"
"I can't say."
"I..."
"Iori, I'm fine, but if you're curious as to whether I like Tamaki or not, then I'll have you know that that was simply a misunderstanding. And-"
"Who said I was curious?"
"Hmm, I don't know, your behaviour kinda gives it away."

I caught his eyes lingering on my face as I turned to my head to look at his expression. His mouth was mere centimetres away from mine, his hands on my arms suddenly igniting hot sparks as they made their presence known.

I became acutely aware of his close proximity in that moment, losing myself in those eyes of his. Logic said I should pull away and distance myself but my heart wouldn't yield. Instead, I found myself leaning in to brush a soft kiss against his cheek.

His face flushed a bright red, his grip suddenly loose. I grasped his hands and gave them a gentle squeeze before walking away. I entered the building and back into the space where they had been filming in the morning.

~Nighttime~

"Yo," Gaku-nii greeted as he came in with Tenn and Ryuu.

IDOLiSH7 had just finished filming for today, and would complete the rest tomorrow. I stretched my arms before leaning against my brother, who grunted as I smiled cheekily.

"Any plans for dinner?"
"Ryuu's taking us to a local restaurant," replied Tenn.
"Oh, cool. Let's go then-"
"Hey (Y/n)?"

I stood upright, hearing Gaku-nii mutter something about my being heavy before I elbowed him in the stomach, although I doubted he felt anything through his toned muscles.

"What's up, Tsumugi?"
"Are you going to be here tomorrow? Or are you helping out with Trigger?" she asked.
"I'll try to make it in the afternoon but I'll mostly be with Trigger."
"Alright. Have fun with Trigger," she exclaimed with a smile.

I returned the smile and waved goodbye, following Tenn and Ryuu only to be pulled back as Gaku-nii remained glued to the spot with his hand still holding mine.

"Hey, if you're up to it, why don't you come with us? I'm sure (Y/n) won't mind having a friend come along," he said.

I felt my mouth hang wide open before Tenn forced it closed. Was my brother interested in her? Did he honestly just ask her to go out for dinner with us? She didn't seem to take the hint regarding his possible feelings but accepted anyway.

I left Gaku-nii with her, subtly slipping my hand out of his grasp. Jogging up to Ryuu's side, I now took the chance to carefully look behind. He wasn't sure about his feelings...just like how I couldn't decide mine...

"So where's this restaurant you're taking us to? Is it good?"
"Yeah, it's a place I used to go to with my dad," Ryuu answered.
"That's interesting. After all the stories you told me, I'm really curious."
"Curious about my life? Sorry, but I'd hardly call it anything worth-"
"Well, I'm here listening, aren't I?"

He glanced my way, catching onto my unspoken words. He was too humble. He shouldn't downgrade his own worth. As long as one person listened, then anyone would feel better, if not forever then ephemerally.

"Wait," Tenn said.

He gestured behind, making the two of us turn our heads. Both my brother and Tsumugi had gentle expressions on their faces, a carefree smile playing across their lips. I held my phone up and snapped a quick photo.

"It'll be fun to tease him later."
"Right, don't involve me when you need help getting away," Tenn joked, although I suspected he was somewhat serious.
"Heh."