Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

Frustrated and panicked internally. Calm and composed exteriorly. I motioned for the director to hand the phone over to me. On the other side was a top model, a top model that had ditched last minute.

"Hello, this is Trigger's assistant manager."
"Yeah, hi. I'm sorry but I forgot that I had another shoot today. I really can't make it today," she exclaimed.
"You're a professional. How did you even manage to mess up your schedule?"
"I'm sorry. I'll sure you'll be able to find a replacement though."
"Oh yeah, I'll be able to find a replacement but to be able to find one in such a short amount of time is quite difficult."
"I'm terribly sorry."
"*sigh* Don't worry about it, I'm taking up your time. I should hang up."
"Sorry."

I handed the phone back, sighing in deep irritation. Anesagi wasn't here due to her dealing with Trigger's next concert, and finding another model for Trigger's new MV would prove to be quite a challenge.

What was I to do in such a hopeless situation?...I began pacing back and forth, racking my brain for any other connections I may have. Damn, meeting more models was definitely a priority.

"(Y/n), no luck?" Tenn asked.

I simply shook my head.

"Why all the fuss? You do it," said Gaku-nii.
"W-what?"
"It's not the first time you've done it before and besides, you want to be an actress, don't you? Now get to it before I personally make a ruckus and cause trouble for everyone."
"But father and-"
"Who the hell cares?"

Gaku's POV

(Y/n) exasperatingly combed her hair back with her fingers before walking towards the staff. A smirk graced my face as they complied to her every word without a question nor any hesitation. The power that girl has...

"Gaku, the president won't be happy with this," Ryuu exclaimed.
"Since when has he ever been happy with her?"
"Gaku, if people recognise her in the video..." Tenn started.
"Then we'll make sure her face isn't shown."
"...you really care about her."
"Tch."

Stuffing my hands into my pockets, I turned to make my way to the staff that were gesturing for us to get ready for the first shooting. But...Tenn was right, and the three of us knew it. (Y/n)'s dream was just as important as my own.

"Hey, I heard that you suggested for (L/n)-san to become the female lead. Are you two dating?" asked the make-up artist.
"Huh?! Dating?!"

Tenn and Ryuu erupted in a burst of laughter, paying no mind to my conspicuous disbelief and irritation. Quickly dismissing the girl's assumption as nothing more than speculation, I sent a glare towards the two.

"Hmm, really? You two seem really close," she replied.
"We're just friends."
"They've known each other before Trigger was formed," informed Tenn.
"So childhood friends?" she asked.
"I guess."

(Y/n) appeared amongst a crowd of people, dressed in a cropped top, black leather jacket and smooth pants with knee-high boots. Her hair was flourished with large, casual curls adorned with a cap.

"Damn, I would've thought she was an actress if I hadn't known she was your assistant manager," said the make-up artist.
"She gets that a lot," commented Ryuu.
"I've been a make-up artist for a few years now and rarely have I seen an average person look so much like a celebrity."

Of course...I would see her succeed. I would keep her safe...I would protect her from our father. She was my precious sister and nothing would ever change that.

(Y/n)'s POV

~Some time later~

"Thanks for all your hard work."

I bowed towards everyone, flashing a secretive wave to the three boys as I rushed out the door and to the bus station. Although my tiresome hours of video shooting had finished, they still had quite a lot to go through. I was only a minor role after all.

The bus swayed to and fro as it travelled along its route. Pulling a pair of sunglasses out, I stared out the window, avoiding the sun's bright rays as it struggled to penetrate the lens.

Thanking the driver, I hopped off and entered Takanashi Productions. Heading toward Idolish7's practice room, I knocked twice before the door opened and Tsumugi greeted me from the other side.

"You're (Y/n)...right?" she asked.
"*smiles* Yeah, who else would I be?"
"You look different."

Tamaki pulled my sunglasses down, peering into my eyes as I let out a light laugh. He took them off, his face unusually close to mine, his eyes unwavering.

"Yes, it is me, Tamaki."
"I thought you were..." he started, a soft blush staining his cheeks.
"A model," finished Riku.
"You got your hair and make-up done," said Yamato.
"Yeah, there was a promotion at the other company I work for. It was a celebratory event."
"You're beautiful..." Tsumugi complimented.
"Thank you."

Searing warmth burnt my head from the side. Hot, increasingly noticeable, curious. I turned my head to the side. Iori's blushing gaze met mine, his eyes locked onto mine, unable to move.

"You know, with all that staring, people'd be able to mistake you for a statue," Mitsuki exclaimed.
"No, Mitsuki. It's called love," Nagi stated.
"*laughs* Right."
"Gentlemen, I do not fall in love at first sight so please dismiss such thoughts from your heads."
"She's right. Love at first sight is simply a myth used in stories to manipulate naive children," added Iori.
"Whoa, no need to go so far," Riku replied.
"What are we doing today?" asked Sogo.
"What have you been doing before I came?"
"Practising."
"Then we'll go out and have a mini performance."
"E-eh?"

Reaching up to grab my sunglasses from Tamaki's head, I gestured for the boys to follow me outside. They followed suit without question, yet the confusion on their faces was conspicuous.

Cars drove past, birds fluttered in the air, winds scissoring the sky. I breathed in the fresh air, my feet moving of their own accord, destination already in mind.

"Where are we going?" Riku asked.
"The park."
"Why?" asked Iori.
"To do some improvisation."