Chapter 83

Iori's POV

~One week later~

My mind wandered as I traversed the road. (Y/n) hadn't shown up. Not since that stormy night. Despite telling myself that she no longer held any worth other than as a business partner, I couldn't ignore the anxiety building up inside my heart.

She hadn't returned any of our calls nor texts. She hadn't even informed our manager. It was as if...she simply disappeared...as if she was only imaginary.

Damn it, I couldn't do this anymore. This was too much. I needed to find out what happened. I wanted to know the truth about (Y/n). I immediately dialled Naomi's number.

"Hey Iori-"
"Sorry, I can't meet up with you today."
"What? Why not?"
"You've asked to meet up every other day. Please just spare me today."
"B-but Iori...I already arrived and..."
"Sorry."
"Why? I've tried so hard to be the perfect girlfriend. Is it because of (Y/n) again?"
"...sorry."

I hung up, not wanting to hear more of her whining. Picking up my pace, I began running. If there was one person who knew where she went, then it'd be him.

Even if he chose to refuse my request, I had to ask. I didn't mind if it was self-satisfaction or whether it wad because I truly cared. I just...wanted to know that she was okay...

Naomi's POV

I clutched my phone, tightening my fingers around the device until they turned white. This was most likely (Y/n)'s fault again. Tears brimmed my eyes. This was unfair...

Why did the world revolve around her? What made her so much better? She was just another girl. I was the one who could make Iori happy, yet...he still chose her over me.

"Hmm? Aren't you the girl who's with Iori?"

I looked up, meeting the gaze of Re:vale's one and only Momo. He seemed to notice the tears in my eyes before offering a tissue. I thanked him, patting the seat beside me.

Although he took the seat, his actions were hesitant. His easygoing smile dispelled all thoughts of reluctance. I fidgeted with the crumpled tissue, deciding to lean my head against his shoulder. He immediately stiffened.

"Ne Momo, why does everyone leave me? Why does it have to be her?..."
"Naomi, was it? I don't know how much help I'll be, but everything'll get better if you focus on the things you really love."

He smiled cheekily. I...couldn't do this to him. He was too pure...too innocent. An overflowing amount of tears drenched my face. How could I ever think of doing anything bad to him? All this just because I hated (Y/n)...

No one's POV

The members of IDOLiSH7 had gathered outside Yaotome Productions, panting whilst leaning against the wall. The seven boys met each other's eyes, a soft smile playing upon their lips.

"So we all had the same idea, huh?" Yamato asked.
"I still can't find myself hating her. There must be something more to this," Mitsuki exclaimed.
"I agree, and besides...I'm worried about her. We've heard nothing," added Sogo.
"...me too..." Tamaki whispered.
"Alright, I guess all that's left is to barge inside," Riku joked.
"I think we all need a moment to gather ourselves, Nanase-san," Iori scolded kindly, although his heart was urging him to run inside.
"What are we waiting for? Let's go," Nagi encouraged.

They entered the building, having found the perfect timing for the members of Trigger had finished their schedules for the day. They got in fairly smoothly with no resistance. Of course, this was all due to the fact that (Y/n) had gotten them clearance from when she was taking over for her father.

The boys took a few detours, finding it difficult to navigate through the big company. Sogo let out a small sigh, seeing as how nobody had paid his words any attention.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure they'll be-" Sogo started.
"Found it!" Tamaki exclaimed.

Riku took a deep breath before turning the knob. Gaku turned his body, his chest bare as his hands froze, inches away from buttoning the first button.

"S-sorry!"

The tall male arched an eyebrow, ignoring their awkward stumbling as he continued to button up his shirt. IDOLiSH7 filed in one after another before quietly shutting the door.

"Where's everyone else?" Riku asked cluelessly.
"Ryuu's with his friends. Tenn's gone to who the hell knows where," replied Gaku.

He took a seat on the sofa, scanning the boys as if assessing whether they were worth his time. His patience was thinning as the tension grew higher. He had already guessed their reason for coming.

"You know why we're here," said Yamato.
"So?"
"We want to know where (Y/n) is," Riku requested.
"Why do you care?"
"We..."
"We don't want to believe that she 'betrayed' us," Mitsuki answered.
"Oh? You didn't have any problems believing her the first time."
"I know you probably don't think favourably of us but we want to know more about her," Sogo exclaimed.
"It's because we didn't pay her much attention. We..."

Her heart was screaming for you to notice, Gaku thought. He leaned back, resting his head against the wall whilst draping his arm over his eyes. Should I tell them...(Y/n)?

"...fine."

They shared smiles so bright it'd be able to burn the darkness. Gaku moved forward and rested his elbows on his knees as he gestured for them to take a seat around the dressing room.

"Do you guys know who (Y/n)'s mum is?" he asked tentatively.
"No," Iori replied.
"*sigh* This is gonna take a while to explain."
"Does her absence have something to do with her mother?" Nagi asked.
"Yeah. Don't freak out."
"The biggest surprise she could give us was that she was your half-sister," Riku reassured.
"Now give us all you've got," Tamaki stated fiercely.
"Oi, this isn't some kind of action anime..." commented Yamato.
"(Y/n)'s biological mum is (L/n) (M/n), the actress. You asked where my sister was? In America."
"Eh?!"