Chapter 47

(Y/n)'s POV

"Go home with Tenn and Ryuu," Gaku-nii said as his gaze shifted subtly to Tsumugi.
"Yeah, I get it. Have fun, lovebirds."
"O-oi!"

I poked my tongue out, jogging away as he flashed an irritated glare. Ryuu had his arms out to catch me as my back came into contact with his chest. I clicked send at that moment, already anticipating my brother's reaction.

"He'll definitely try to delete that photo from your phone," Ryuu commented.
"Not if I can help it."
"Hey, are you two gonna continue standing there or are we gonna go back to the hotel?" Tenn asked.
"Huh? Oh, sorry Ryuu."

I stood upright, relieving him of my weight. I began following the two back to the hotel, and chose to ignore the slight nag at the back of my head. Even if Tsumugi didn't take the hint, Gaku-nii could at least express his feelings openly, even if he was subtle.

He was my brother. I shouldn't be jealous. Our personalities were different. Tsumugi was lucky to have him, if they did decide to start something. Yet I couldn't help but allow my heart to ache slightly as a sudden thought crossed my mind.

I'd be left all alone in the future...I was afraid of loneliness...

A sudden warmth engulfed me as Tenn grasped my hand and took it in his. He smiled the gentlest of smiles, immediately dispelling all my anxiety and worry. I smiled back, having just briefly forgotten those I had around me...those that were in my present right now.

"Seems like Gaku's gonna take her to the night markets before walking her back," Ryuu exclaimed.
"And it seems like I will have more things to tease him about."

~The next day~

Gaku-nii frowned once meeting my gaze. I simply smirked at his irritated expression. I wouldn't be deleting those pictures anytime soon. He'd have to deal with it for the rest of his life.

The director asked for him to face the camera whilst the recording of the program was in process. I immediately retracted from my place in the middle of nowhere and allowed Trigger to get on with their work.

Anesagi had just finished signing a few documents by the time I reached her side. She thrusted several folders into my arms, leaving me scrambling for the piece of paper that had fallen from the pile.

"Finish these, will you? Trigger's going to be moving to another venue after this for their mini performance. There's a lot that needs to be done," she said.
"*sigh* Alright."
"Also, Tenn's worried about you. Do something to lighten your mood so that he can focus on the TV program."
"Me? Lighten my mood? Look at you, all stressed out and fretting about. Put on a smile and face these problems like a proper woman."
"You're one to talk."
"Heh."

As she began making her way to the supervising director, I caught a glimpse of the grin playing on her lips. This undoubtedly made me smile. Ryuu suddenly caught my eye, offering a kind smile before answering the host's questions.

I set down the documents, grabbing a pen from the desk, and began working. Time zoomed past without a care in the world as I worked and worked.

The very concept of time itself flew from my mind as I rushed to finish them. Anesagi must've been waiting for the right moment to give this dreadful paperwork to me. Supervising was undoubtedly a lot more enjoyable.

The pen shook, my fingers twitched. A soft aching pain spread from my wrist as my hand trembled. This small occurrence reminded me of the final exams back in my last year of school.

"I think you need a break."

I startled, clearly surprised by the fact that Gaku-nii was sitting directly in front. A smirk lifted the corners of his lips. His hand clutched mine before the pen was taken from my grasp.

"How long were you here for?"
"A few minutes. I was waiting to see how long it'd take for you to notice," he replied.
"Oh..."
"Wanna get lunch with us?"
"Sure, where're we eating?"
"I don't know, ask Tenn."

The documents scattered to the floor like shattered ice. Gaku-nii and I immediately stood up as a red-haired girl glared menacingly at the brown-haired boy who had accidentally knocked over the paperwork I had tirelessly worked through.

"It's all your fault! Why won't you ever listen to me?!" she yelled.
"Listen, I'm under no obligation to do your bidding. I've done everything you've asked already! I've sorted the paperwork. I've organised the equipment. I even got you coffee! What more do you want?!" the boy argued in desperation.
"What's going on?"

The two turned their heads towards me, then Gaku-nii then back to me again. I raised an eyebrow, pointedly glancing at the scattered pieces of paper.

"I'm sorry, I'll get this cleaned up right away, but-"
"You will do no such thing! You're my intern!" said the girl.
"With how you're treating him, it's a wonder he's still working for you."
"Who the hell do you think you are to criticise me? Huh?!"
"Either you fix your damn attitude or I'll make you," Gaku-nii threatened.
"Just because you're an idol doesn't mean you're above everyone else!"
"I'm very sorry about her attitude. She's been like this for as long as I can remember," the boy explained while trying to keep her at arm's length.
"Is it abuse in the workplace?" Gaku-nii asked.
"I guess so..."
"Why didn't you report it?"
"Because I couldn't! Not when she knew where I lived. She threatened to hurt my younger twin sister and brother, so..."
"I already called the authorities," exclaimed Tenn.

The girl stomped her foot down, angered and frustrated. A guard was ordered to hold her still whilst I helped the boy pick up the documents. He thanked us for the help with the girl before rushing off to complete his other work.

"Well, we still going for lunch?" asked Gaku-nii.