Chapter 57

(Y/n)'s POV

"Well, see you guys later."
"Are you coming to work later?" Iori asked as he grabbed onto my arm.
"Not today. I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"I see..."
"Don't be too upset. Naomi can keep you company."

I flashed a teasing smile, nudging him towards the girl who was blushing like a tomato. Inside, I was dying. I was torn apart. I loved him...yet I lacked the resolve to chase after him...pathetic.

"We have to head back now."
"Alright, see you later," replied Naomi.

Gaku-nii snuck his hand over mine, impatiently pulling me along. I hurriedly waved goodbye to the three standing in front of the restaurant.

Ryuu caught up to us as soon as he had said goodbye. We walked in a peaceful silence although I sensed that Gaku-nii had something he wanted to say. He had stuffed our hands in his pocket.

I hid the frown beneath a mask of neutrality, yet worry ate at my mind. Ryuu's eyes hinted towards the concern for his fellow group member although he was probably too cautious to ask.

"Oi Gaku-nii."
"Huh?"
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"You're lying. What's wrong?"
"...you like him, that Iori, don't you?"
"So what?"
"Why are you pushing him away?"
"I'm not someone he should be with, you're perfectly aware of that."
"Tch, those are just excuses. The (Y/n) I know wouldn't give a damn about that. You...always made your own rules..."

~Some time later~

Anesagi waved the paper around in an exaggerated gesture, frustrated that such important matters were messed up. I quietly helped the other staff by directing them towards the different tasks that needed completing.

Trigger's schedule had been somewhat ruined. The times for their photoshoot and appearance in a program were the exact same. Whilst I turned to select the best outfits for their photoshoot, someone ran into me, knocking me off my feet.

I felt myself falling, until strong arms wrapped around my petite figure. The person's face came into view, concern laced in between his furrowed brows. Recognition flashed before my eyes. It was that boy from before...the person who I had seen in father's office...

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching," he apologised.
"No, it's fine."
"Are you working here?"
"Yeah, what about you?"
"I..."
"Did you mess with Trigger's schedule?"
"So what if I did?"
"Hmph, if you're going to act proud about it then don't look at me with such a scornful frown."
"You..."
"But I wouldn't even be proud in the first place. You're behaving like a petty child. How does this make you any different from my father?"
"Your words won't affect me, you know."
"So what? Let me just say this. You chose the wrong people to mess with. I can fix it without a problem. I have nothing against you but you mess with my brother, and I'll have to rethink my decision."
"Ha...you care about your family...what a joke."
"Well then, if you'll excuse me, Mr 'I Can't Decide on my Priorities'."

I took the schedule out of Anesagi's hands, startling her out of her tantrum. She raised an eyebrow as I flipped through the pages and took the schedules of the other events Trigger were going to make an appearance in.

I began making phone calls as soon as I had a good idea of all the schedules. Trigger's schedule would have to be changed drastically in some areas if we're to fit accordingly with the other programs and arena booking times but that shouldn't be a problem.

"(Y/n)-"
"I can handle this, Anesagi."
"*sigh* If you say so. I'll be with the boys. Call me if you need anything."
"Okay."

I dialled another number and began organising a new schedule. The man drew in a deep breath, clearly irritated about the mess up. I apologised and quickly eased into the topic of organising both of our available times.

Iori's POV

Naomi was now shooting a scene with Riku. I went through my script one more time. So I would have to kiss her...why did I think it would be hard? (Y/n)'s charismatic smile suddenly flashed before my mind. Damn it...

I still loved her. I loved her so much that my heart ached every time I saw her...because I knew it would all be in the past sooner or later. She had teased me about Naomi, and I had wanted to hang out with her just to ignore these feelings but...

"Do you like Naomi?" Nagi asked as he sat next to me.
"Are you only here to tease me about my love life?"
"Iori, Mitsuki is worried about you. Why can't you just get together with (Y/n)?"
"I don't like her like that."
"Iori, you baka!" niisan exclaimed.
"What?"
"Why must you make (Y/n) push you away? Can't you see? She's struggling too...so the least you could do is assure her that you don't care about anything else."

I stood up, wanting nothing more to do with this talk about romance. I couldn't...deal with this any longer... A long sigh left my lips. Naomi appeared before me and offered a gentle smile.

"Hey Iori, do you want to hang out after this?" she asked.
"Sorry but we have to practise for another concert."
"Then after that?"
"I...sure."
"Thanks!"

She flushed a bright red. I said a quiet goodbye and hurriedly rushed off. I had some free time before practice so I decided to go to the park by the sea.

A cool breeze ruffled my clothes and ran its fingers through my hair. I wanted to cool my head for a bit. I wanted to sort out these confusing feelings.

A shimmer of silvery hair caught my eye. I noticed (Y/n) standing a couple metres away. She started to walk with a small tremble in her step. She was...crying...

I followed her down the path as the gulls wailed and flew past. The wind whistled and the waves lapped against the stone. She rubbed her eyes before leaning against the railing.

I immediately froze as she slowly lifted her head. Her glassy, violet eyes met my gaze, her cheeks stained a soft red and her lips trembling ever so slightly. She smiled.

Just like that, the crying girl I saw disappeared as if she was just a part of my imagination. In front of me now was (Y/n), charismatic and beautiful, and also...a stranger.