Chapter 32

(Y/n)'s POV

"Excuse me, miss. You do not have the authority to decide Trigger's outfits without the fashion coordinator!" exclaimed the lousy, bad-mouthed director.
"They're the group I'm managing. You failed to notify me of your poor organisation skills and the fact that we have no fashion coordinator. What right do I need to decide what's best for them?"
"Don't act so arrogant. Youngsters these days, always thinking they're better than everyone else."
"If you have a problem, then I'll gladly take you on," Anesagi said as she placed a hand on my shoulder to stop the retort I was going to make.
"You their actual manager?"
"Forget it. I'm not doing this," Gaku-nii exclaimed.

I sent him a glare but he just scoffed and turned around. Tenn and Ryuu had the same defiant looks on their face. While Anesagi tried to calm down the infuriated director, I examined the scene.

The workers and staff members were tired. Bags hung underneath their dull eyes, their hands shaking as they went about their daily business. The director was in charge of these people. That was when it clicked.

"Just because you're all famous idols doesn't mean you get to decide what jobs to take," said the director.
"I'm not working for an old man who doesn't take care of his employees, and not to mention how you treated (Y/n)."
"What's wrong with how I treat people? They should be grateful that I'm giving them a job."
"Sir, we refuse to work with you. It's as simple as that," Tenn cut in before Gaku-nii could make a rude remark.

The director's gaze turned to meet mine, his green eyes blazing furiously. I kept my expression calm and neutral but allowed rebellion and irritation to show through my eyes.

The short man puffed up his chest and spat. Disgusted, I blocked the vulgar liquid with a folder from the table beside me. Gaku-nii's sharp eyes pierced the air as they pinned the director to the floor.

"Let's go. I believe our contract is void," said Anesagi.
"You can't do this!"
"Looking after them is my job. I can't leave them with someone like you."

He suddenly had me in his grasp with a knife pressed against my neck. I held still, my shock and fear hiding behind a mask of neutrality. Panicking would be not good for me nor those around me.

Everyone froze around us. The staff screamed, taking this chance to escape. I narrowed my eyes, telling the three to stay put. Anesagi slowly pulled out her phone.

Warm, scarlet blood trickled down my throat as he pierced my skin. She immediately stopped, gripping her phone tightly as he made a point not to move unless they wanted me dead.

"I think this is the right place."

Our gazes turned to the entrance as IDOLiSH7 waltzed in with Tsumugi. They noticed the six of us standing here before Tsumugi stifled a scream. The man's grip loosened in the fray of confusion.

I gripped his arm and elbowed his stomach. Twisting his arm, he immediately let go of the knife and cursed in pain as he held his sprained wrist. I held back from kneeing him in the nose.

He wasn't trained for combat. He hadn't expected to take a hostage. However, his actions could not be excused. I turned around, feeling slightly faint.

"Watch out!"

Gaku-nii's fist made contact with the man's face before the knife could snatch at my skin. The man's nose bent at an odd angle as my brother shook with rage. Blood streamed down his arm, a shallow gash in his forearm.

"I called the police," Anesagi exclaimed.
"We need to get you two treated and fast," said Ryuu.

Tenn ripped a part of his shirt and carefully used it as a makeshift bandage for the wound on my neck as Ryuu did the same for Gaku-nii's arm.

Mitsuki suddenly told me to sit down. Tenn, realising his reason, grabbed a chair and pushed me down just as I began to feel slightly dizzy. I immediately kept a calm expression on my face, refusing to show the unfortunate state I was in.

"Why are you guys here?"
"Manager organised a photoshoot for us, but I guess she forgot to tell you," Sogo replied.
"Hey, don't talk," Tenn said as he placed a finger on my lips with a smile.

Gaku-nii knelt down in front of me. His lip curved into a side grin as he ruffled my hair. I flicked his forehead, earning an irritated growl from him. He caught my hand, the warmth from his melting the ice in my fingertips.

"You're an idol. You can't go running into danger like that."
"I was expecting a 'thank you' but I guess that's too much to ask for," he retorted playfully.

Ryuu greeted the members of IDOLiSH7, apologising for the trouble we had caused. I leaned against Tenn's arm, feeling slightly drowsy. Iori met my gaze before a faint smile graced my face.

I interlaced my fingers with Gaku-nii's, wanting more of that brotherly warmth and affection. He sat down on the floor and leaned against my leg as we waited idly for the police to arrive.

"Tenn-nii?"

The three of us turned our heads as Riku stared at his brother, his eyes flashing uncertainty. I looked at Tenn, only his gaze was cold and distant as he cast it to the floor.

"We're in a complicated situation right now. Can't you save the talking for another time?" Tenn asked.
"Hey Tenn?"
"What is it?"
"Why don't you go talk to him? We'll be fine. Ryuu's already taken the initiative to tie up that crooked old man."
"Go. He's your family, isn't he? If not, that'll just give me another reason not to get along with you. I despise people who don't value their family," exclaimed Gaku-nii.

I tugged at his hand to stop him from saying any more to provoke an argument. Tenn sent a glare towards my brother before telling Riku to follow him. Ryuu pulled a chair over and sat down just as he left.

"U-um!"
"Sogo?"
"Tsunashi-san, Yaotome-san, may I please have an autograph?"